2024 Collab: Week 30 “A treasure for a pirate”

This is the Blender Collaboration 2024, week 30 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, have fun, learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “A treasure for a pirate”.

• A treasure for a pirate - Imagine that you work on a game where the player learns to be a pirate (of any sort, any style, any environment). At the end, there’s a treasure to find, to celebrate their adventures. How would it be?
  • Subject selected by the previous Week 28, 2024 “In the summertime" winner Megane_Wang

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. At the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2024-07-27T21:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @ BlenderCollab?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

5 Likes

I’m excited for this one. Hope I have the time to make my idea a reality. Can’t wait to see all the pirate themed goodness :grin:.

4 Likes

Old project, low poly chest

Forgot the relation between pirate coins and Santa …
I did make an animations, but can not find it (Disk crash back then)

10 Likes

Nice stuff! Not sure if you intended this, but I really had to laugh because that expression is absolutely priceless!

Whatever Santa saw… it cannot be unseen XD

2 Likes

And did he see it in the treasure chest? Or is Santa, perhaps a thief, attempting to steal the treasure and he got caught? No one knows but him and he’s too scared to talk.

1 Like

…And tucked away, the treasure lays hidden in that grotto, waitin’ fer the first soul to stumble upon it…

12 Likes

This looks excellent! Great pirate treasure cove. Nicely done.

There’s an enchanted treasure… I would not touch it, just in case :wink:

10 Likes

I really dig the wet stone textures. Reminds me of Oblivion and Skyrim. Some of my fav games.

1 Like

Is there still time to get an entry in? I’m scrambling to finish my pirate treasure idea.

There’s still a bit of time. :wink:

Ok, here’s my entry for this week. I didn’t have as much time to work on stuff but I like the way my pirate looks overall :).

9 Likes

Basically, it ends when I’m preparing the vote … :wink:

1 Like

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your entry.
The new subject week 31 “Still life” has already started. The winner of this week’s “A treasure for a pirate” challenge may select a subject for next week 32 and win a badge.

1 Like

I love his toothy grin! :grin:

1 Like

HA HA, thanks! I wish I had more time to refine his outfit and his textures.
I really dig your pirate treasure scene. It looks so good!

This week two winners for the pirate entry. Congratulations to @xealstrag and @mfortunato . Both with a stylish and colorful entry.

• Megane_Wang - A great cave environment. A bit mystical… I think the main link, chests and cans of gold, to indicate a pirate cave. Don’t get enough attention in the central visual part of swords and molten gold. All these, for a pirate important things are in the shadows of other objects. And therefor less visible.
5 Likes

Privacy & Terms