2024 Collab: Week 18 “Alice in Wonderland” - V O T I N G!

This is the Blender Collaboration 2024, week 18 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, have fun, learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Alice in Wonderland”.

• Alice in Wonderland - Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland is an 1865 English children’s novel by Lewis Carroll, a mathematics don at Oxford University. It details the story of a girl named Alice who falls through a rabbit hole into a fantasy world of anthropomorphic creatures.
  • Subject selected by the previous Week 16, 2024 “Shrine" winner Lintari

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. At the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2024-05-04T21:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @ BlenderCollab?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

6 Likes

Oh, that’s a challenge. Hmm

Its a start, just did a quick hat for the general idea.

The Mad Hatter :

15 Likes

16 Likes

Not sure if I’ll be able to complete this by tonight :confused:

Title: “Drink me!

Nope, didn’t make it in time …

:frowning_face:

I might spend some time on it to finish the mushroom textures, world, ground fog and lighting.

How it started

Hmmm

Might add some color and add a few more variants. Let’s see what some node magic might be able to do.

12 Likes

Where it all begins… I like this part of Alice, with the “drink me”/“eat me” choices. There’s some nice Math you can talk about there. And computers use it for these renders :rofl: (excuse me, too much time to think while my ancient laptop finishes them). This said, it’s an idea and just posting it here is a lot for me. Let’s see where I can go from here.

Getting there, after “fighting” with lighting for a while; I am learning a lot today. Pity I don’t know how to improve the light coming from the other side yet (one thing at a time :joy:).

Well, I managed to fix this one better. I think this will be the one for this time:

14 Likes

Bit of a Lazy recycle of my Criminal Matermind Tut . Now Hes got a Hat and some Tea to Swim in … Ive been neglecting the lighty rendering part of the Tuts so far … I think he might like a Rubber Duckie to Play with ?

12 Likes

Impressive work

2 Likes

Cool. I like how your scene evolves.

Maybe you could make the door more obvious :smiley:

1 Like

Beautiful! That has been a lot of magic :smiley:.

6 Likes

0001-0240-ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter (1)

I feel like a white rabbit - I’m hopelessly late!

8 Likes

Insane creativity with the theme! The animation is perfect!

2 Likes

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your entry.
The new subject week 19 “Aeronautics” has already started. The winner of this week’s “Alice in Wonderland” challenge may select a subject for next week 20 and win a badge.

2 Likes

Fantastic idea.

Btw, are these assets from the beginner course - the torches and the stone slabs look familiar :smiley:

3 Likes

Yes :blush: I made a curved wall module (1/8 circle) with stone slabs from the dungeon’s assets and reused torches. And Alice is Female Character from Low Poly Characters: Blender Bitesize Course with a new hairstyle and clothes.

Probably the most important thing I learned in the courses here is to compile a library of my own models and materials. So useful!

4 Likes

Privacy & Terms