2024 Collab: Week 17 “Synthwave” - VOTE CLOSED

This is the Blender Collaboration 2024, week 17 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, have fun, learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Synthwave”.

• Synthwave is an electronic music microgenre that is based predominantly on the music associated with action, science-fiction, and horror film soundtracks of the 1980s. Other influences are drawn from the decade’s art and video games.
  • Subject selected by the previous Week 15, 2024 “Secret puzzle box" winner Joey_Cuevas

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. At the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2024-04-27T21:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @ BlenderCollab?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

5 Likes

I find this a difficult subject, …
So I decided to use the same theme.

I find this a difficult subject.

No more inspiration

12 Likes

started this scene using a screenshot I took in a game called Cyber Hook as reference. Hopefully ill have time this week to finish it. Next step is prolly to boolean horizontal lines outta the sun.

11 Likes

Yes, the sun needs horizontal bars :smiley:

1 Like

1st version

Still needs some refinements. Hope to spend some additional time on this one the next days.

Any suggestions?

10 Likes

Ok, this is my submission :smiley: (for now)

final

*Old ones >>>*

v.5

v.4

v.3

v.2

11 Likes

11 Likes

Nice, I like the palm trees. Was wondering to add these too :smiley:

2 Likes

Submitting a recent project where I focused on texturing, painting, shading and lighting a scene for a
Legend of Zelda-themed futuristic motorcycle – whereby the “futuristic” theme definitely leans on a lot of synthwave / neon / “night city” vibes.

@FedPete feel free to use either one of these frames for the vote – I can’t decide :joy:

12 Likes

I like the first one, showing speed in reference to the background. A dynamic scene!
But then the wheels should be blurred a bit too?

The camera that took the photo is also super-futuristic… and has some great image stabilization capabilities :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Looks great!

1 Like

I like the updated version and the crystal buildings. Still, needs more neon!

Maybe listen to this for inspiration

did it all in eevee this time. may do some compositing tomorrow and make a couple adjustments but not sure if ill get 2 it so figured id post now just incase

7 Likes

9 Likes

looking good, i like the strong silhouette effect on the builldings

1 Like

6 Likes

5 Likes

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your entry.
The new subject week 18 “Alice in wonderland” has already started. The winner of this week’s “Synthwave” challenge may select a subject for next week 19 and win a badge.

4 Likes

Privacy & Terms