2023 Collab: Week 7 “Food” - VOTE CLOSED

This is the Blender collaboration 2023, week 7 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, have fun, learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Food”.

• Food is any substance consumed by an organism for nutritional support. Food is usually of plant, animal, or fungal origin, and contains essential nutrients, such as carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins, or minerals. The substance is ingested by an organism and assimilated by the organism’s cells to provide energy, maintain life, or stimulate growth*
  • Subject selected by the previous Week 5 “Assets Archive” winners anastasions and Tyger2

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2023-02-18T22:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @ BlenderCollab ?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

7 Likes

Not participating, old project … you know what … :wink:

8 Likes

My WIP

I repurposed and retextured the bacon and eggs from an old speed model project. Any advice to make the skillet look more “toony” and still look like cast iron? It’s already toon shaded, but still looks to real, I think. Maybe I should just abandon the cast iron look and just make it black.

Edit: Updated progress

9 Likes
2 Likes

W.I.P

12 Likes

That looks delicious!!

1 Like

That’s making me hungry. Soo realistic, great job!

2 Likes

Looks great!

2 Likes

Yes, I know! Andy (Blender Guru) created this tutorial years ago, and anyone who’s seen his tutorials on YouTube have seen it, and most probably tried it. I know I have. :wink:

5 Likes

That’s looking great!

3 Likes

I had more original food ideas, but after the first post, I suddenly remembered that I hadn’t made a donut yet! Everyone makes a donut! Corrected promptly.

With hearts, because I did it on February 14

11 Likes

Made a rendering of a painting of food ;D

16 Likes

A very lucky pigeon found a very tasty hamburger!
All textures are procedural, exept those on the pigeon, and the hdri in the background.

16 Likes

@Kzanna Looks delicious. I want a donut now. Nice original twist with the heart sprinkles.

@Kato-San nice! Is the painting a render of the fruit? I’m interested how you did that. In my opinion the composition could be improved if the “real” fruit took up more of the image space.

@benu that’s looking really real! I particularly love the cheese and tomato.

3 Likes

I rendered the table with the bowl and the fruit without background. Put it into a paint filter and put it on a plane. :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you! They look fine from this angle. Up close, the burger is in the uncanny valley, especially the tomatos.

2 Likes

@Kato-San oh, nice! Double look at one subject, with a plot! :clap: :clap: :clap:
But maybe try changing the composition? There are too many bare walls in the frame right now.

@benu Lucky pigeon))) This hamburger looks better than the ones I see on the store counter :laughing:

@Tyger2 When I finished modeling, I bought a donut and ate it! :joy:

3 Likes

@FedPete A classic. I still haven’t done that tutorial. But it’s on my to do.

@Tyger2 I think the cast iron has a nice look to it. But maybe the stove panels could have a similar textured as they look a bit flat compared to the rest :thinking:

@Willrun Delicious looking breakfast. I love the honey running down the pancakes. You could use a reference for the apple to get the shape more organic and maybe curve the cutlery a bit to get a more realistic look.

@Kzanna I nice valentine themed donut. Did you send it to someone special? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

@Kato-San Nice idea with the paint filter. I like that chunky wooden bowl. The apple inside the bowl looks great, but the banana could use a bit more love.

@benu This looks fantastic. I can kind of guess how you made some of the procedural textures. But I’m curious about how you made the tomato texture. It looks very realistic. Nice one

5 Likes

I’ve been wanting to take this beginners course on cgboost for a while now so this was a perfect opportunity. Blender Beginners Course | CG Boost Although it’s a beginners course, there were things such as cloth modifier, water drops, and textures with transparency and more that I haven’t played around with before. And it’s free! Definitely worth a run-through.

Eevee:

Cycles:

The eevee render has a nice darker look but the cycles render looks more realistic. Which one do you prefer?

13 Likes

Privacy & Terms