2023 Collab: Week 6 “Mushrooms” - VOTE CLOSED

This is the Blender collaboration 2023, week 6 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, have fun, learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Mushrooms”.

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2023-02-11T22:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @ BlenderCollab ?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

7 Likes

If you have a Blender.org subscription, you have access to all the stuff in this short movie filled with mushrooms…

Have fun!

6 Likes

I will skip this week, but I have a couple of previous mushroom artworks to share (not as an entry)

Punk shrooms

Shroomville

13 Likes

Ohhh, really liking the first render with the Punk Shrooms. :grinning:

3 Likes

12 Likes

WoW, talk about nature’s version of an umbrella. :grinning:

3 Likes

Umbrella and lamppost all in one. We need these! Added bonus reduced night sky light pollution.

5 Likes

Postcard with mushrooms.
I think maybe add a funny inscription? For example, “Have a nice day!”

10 Likes

If I have my own garden, I want such a mushroom there!

3 Likes

Mushrooms on a Log

Reference

I tried to recreate this photo.

12 Likes

Bricks can fly. Who knew?

8 Likes

Are those mushrooms… logging out? ha… ha…

I’ll leave you all alone forever now…

2 Likes

I’ve been learning sculpting this week :slight_smile:

10 Likes

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your own entry.

And the new subject week 7 “Food” has already started. The winner of this week’s “Mushrooms” challenge may select a subject for next week 8 and wins a badge.

3 Likes

@Tyger2 Congratulations on your beautiful realistic presentation of mushrooms. It’s a good example of what you can do if you are using reference materials instead of modeling from memory.

• Joey_Cuevas - Very nicely modeled mushroom. It thing the glow and light are too strong. A delicate mushroom needs soft lighting, making it more mysterious.
  • Kzanna - Great tiny story. I think because of the bright stylish sun, the snail gets less attention. Now it blends in too much, which is a pity of these nice details. Well done!
  • Willrun - So much fun! I saw on Tv last week, that there is a Marios Bros theme part (like Disney). Where you see this artwork in life-size models.
  • Joseph_Williams - Great first sculpt! A very mysterious scene (purple moon). Maybe too far artistic creativity from a standard mushroom? But your composition is good. I like the goblin. Add more texture details next time.

Note: I don’t want to offend anyone for any reason. I try to write down positive ideas and visions that I have in my simple use of the English language. I am also sometimes more inspired by a particular subject or solution. I’m also learning from you!

4 Likes

Privacy & Terms