2023 Collab: Week 8 “Freak show” - VOTE CLOSED

This is the Blender collaboration 2023, week 8 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, have fun, learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Freak show”.

• A freak show, also known as a creep show, is an exhibition of biological rarities, referred to in popular culture as “freaks of nature”.
  • Subject selected by the previous Week 6 “Mushroom” winner Tyger2

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2023-02-25T22:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @ BlenderCollab ?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

7 Likes

Hi, guys. I picked this topic because I thought it would be a fun way to exhibit whatever freaky/weird models you want to make. I just did some research on historical freak shows, and it’s a bit dark. So if that’s not your cup of tea, I hope you can still find something you like to make. And if you’re into the macabre bits of history, then more power to ya :sweat_smile:. Let’s get freaky! :japanese_ogre:

2 Likes

Yeah mostly disabilities and diseases :thinking: freaky/weird models sounds good though :rofl:

2 Likes

Hello Everyone! I opened up this challenging section for myself today and am committed to participating as often as possible.
As you can see it is my variation of a “Freak show”. It’s Freak human.

P.s You can watch my other blender works on my Instagram profile

12 Likes

Lovely character.

3 Likes

Really looks like its been molded with clay. Finger prints in there an everything. Fantastic :+1:

3 Likes

My WIP. Using the techniques learned in the character course.

Block out:

and rough sculpt:

11 Likes

This one, makes me smile!
And to be honest, I like the first one too!
As we can see it’s a person, an unhealthy body weight, shaped like a box of food …
The pose is good at the start already.

WIP

9 Likes

Don’t work too late …

Tried to give an SCP felling to my freak

7 Likes

It’s one of those Blender freaks! I’ve heard of them. Disgusting lot.

1 Like

Current progress:

Unfortunately I may have to leave it here as I am just about out of time and energy for the week. It joins the ranks of the many projects I will finish another day.

11 Likes

Reminds me of the silent hill 3 enemy that was a massive fat thing. Cool stuff.

4 Likes

W,I.P may not have time to finish this one right now

9 Likes

Great idea though. I just saw the movie The Whale. Reminds me of that guy. You could have one of those metal walkers standing close by too

2 Likes

@Gordon That’s a good idea! Thank you. I’m looking to clutter up the room a bit but I don’t have time.

@JyounzuSan haha he does kind of look like that! Just a big gross blob.

@Willrun Nice! That’s a good character to use again later too.

1 Like

I’m a bit late! And it took me waaayyy too long.

11 Likes

That’s part of the weekly problem / learning curve.
Plan the amount of time needed for the model.

Privacy & Terms