2023 Collab: Week 5 “Asset Archive” - VOTE CLOSED

This is the Blender collaboration 2023, week 5 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, have fun, learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Asset Archive”.

• “Asset Archive”: Reuse things you made in old projects to make a new scene. New objects are allowed too, but try to use more of your old assets in a new way. Inspired by Gordon’s Archive Attic from the “Best Wishes” December 2022 Collab.
    ~ reuse / improve / collage of old Attic stuff.
  • Subject selected by the previous Week 3 “Painting reproduction” winner Tyger2

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2023-02-04T22:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @ BlenderCollab ?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

5 Likes

Old project!
I used all the GameDev challenges outcomes.
Which was part of the old Complete 2.80 Blender creator course (10 chapters).

21 Likes

I got the Idea from @Gordon 's Best Wishes subject entry. I learned later that this is similar to a topic from the collab last year, but I missed that one, and there are different people participating now, so I figure it’s fair game. Anyway, these are some examples to give you ideas.

1 Like

Fun idea for the collab and a good chance to look back and see how much one has improved. Since I already used my favorite archived objects from the course for the Christmas collab I don’t know if I’ll participate. But maybe I still have some things that I can whip together. :smiley:

Excellent presentation of the Complete Blender course! I didn’t know there was a certificate of completion :open_mouth:

1 Like

Ah crap I didn’t think about that :man_facepalming: :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Ahh it’s fine. I would still love to see other peoples’ archives :grin:

2 Likes

If, you’re following it on Udemy!

1 Like

I actually was following it on Udemy. I’ll have to check that out. Not that I know what to do with it. But I’d rather have it than not have it :laughing:

1 Like

Such a great theme! Never have I ever used append so extensively for a scene :smiley: This is my storage of objects made by following courses and tutorials (with a few exceptions of my original models since I deleted a lot of study blender files and didn’t have enough pieces to fill this shelf)

18 Likes

Very nice! I like the display case lighting. I’m guessing there are lights inside each cube? I also like how you’ve given them the same material. It really unifies the collection of diverse objects. Well done!

Yeah it’s been an interesting experience. In working on my project so far, I’ve found it to feel more like 3D project management than 3D modeling.

3 Likes

I challenged myself to make something without making anything new.
Here is a sci-fi render I come up with from three assets I had lying around.

Assets used:

A tool for holding wire
A crystal ball
A star field generator

11 Likes

Thanks :blush: No lights, every cube has top and bottom planes with 0,5 emission material and there is also one backdrop plane with higher emission behind the scene. Individual lights would probably lag this file extremely. For the materials, I don’t know whether it’s a right way, but I manually deleted all materials on objects at the moment of importing them to a scene. Then as a finishing touch I added unified material to one object - selected all objects through collections- selected colored object last- ctrl L - copy linked materials or smth like that .
Maybe there is a way to clean all materials at once easier than I approached it

4 Likes

It turns out that I already have a small collection of models. They were all made from YouTube tutorials.

12 Likes

Wonderful, try to improve lighting a bit …
(Try a sun lamp, work with sun-angle to soften shadows if you need so)

2 Likes

lighting is hard :woozy_face: and the most difficult thing is that I don’t know what exactly to improve :laughing:
Just in case, if inspiration catches up with me, should I publish the new version with a new post or replace the old picture?

2 Likes

Definitely a new version. Seeing everyones progress is part of the fun.

3 Likes

“I’ll just take a few minutes and create a scene for the blender collab”

6 hours later…

This was a great topic though. I couldn’t resist.

11 Likes

Exactly. )))) Because you can’t just poke a bunch of objects around the scene. It should be done in an interesting and beautiful way!

Cool badger!

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms