2023 Collab: Week 3 "Painting reproduction" - VOTE CLOSED

My submission: bedroom in Arles also known as Van Gogh’s Yellow room with a lego figure of the artist.

18 Likes

The Drowned Cathedral
M C Escher

Probably my favorite piece of art I could think of.

WIP

14 Likes

Very good idea!!

2 Likes

Reproduction of “Cosmic Geometry 4” by Oska

Original:

Maybe bending the rules because I think think it’s technically an illustration and not a painting, but I figure it presents the same challenges of recreating a 2D image in 3D.

16 Likes

Spot on! It’s good you labeled which one was the original, otherwise it would be difficult for me to tell the difference. Your replication of the gradient purple to green along the surfaces are well done. :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks! The lighting and coloring was most of the work, since the models are all so simple

2 Likes

The models were all made in blender but this render is actually unity (I’m doing Project Boost at the moment) hopefully this qualifies.

12 Likes

That’s an interesting interpretation. Is it a satellite array? I can definitely see the visual similarities between a satellite dish and a flower. Cool project!

2 Likes

Well… In my lore headcannon It’s actually not an array, the Junkmaster just makes junk sculptures as a hobby. What you’re looking at is several Gurunian Rotors, a few claws from decomissioned Hechgeenian war robots and a human satelite dish all repurposed in the name of art.

The Junkmaster also likes launching rockets to watch them explode. This is the first time someone actually wanted to FLY one of their rockets though…

3 Likes

A Salvador Dali reproduction

16 Likes

Lots of Van Gogh paintings, I like it

15 Likes

Benjamin Lauder Nicholson
really interesting modernist relief painting
White relief original

blend

13 Likes

wont be able to complete this project, dont worry about submitting it for votes. The geometry is really tricky to model

2 Likes

Do you mean the reflections?

If I remember correctly the animation something has a ripple effect.

I used an other technique, circle gradients and displacement

2 Likes

This is my reproduction of Woman throwing a stone by Pablo Picasso.

I didn’t have enough time to get the textures to a place I like, so this will have to do.

Updated-after-deadline

10 Likes

i think i could figure out the ripple, its more the repeating patterns on the building face that are arches and alcoves. I tried booleans and arrays and a number of things but I couldnt really get them to do what I wanted so it made modelling more complex than when i originally planned it

1 Like

I hope you finish it later. It’s a good beginning, and I was interested to see how it turned out.

3 Likes

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your own entry.

And the new subject week 4 “Game related" has already started. The winner of this week’s “Paint reproduction” challenge may select a subject for next week 5 and wins a badge.

3 Likes

@Tyger2 Congratulations on your precise reproduction of the artwork of your choice. I could resist thinking. Use an old Blender version with no noise reduction and Cycles fireflies (where are they nowadays …).

• anastasions - A beautiful idea. So many details. But the composition is a bit lost I think. The room is in the center. Then a Lego puppet is added. Could be more playful…
  • DANB1 - Very recognizable artwork. Could use more paint texture.
  • Joseph_Williams - Interesting interpretation of reproducing art. I like this way of thinking, which makes it art too. But without the reference, it’s difficult to see Van Gogh.
  • zeRgenTa - It’s hard to think like Picasso. The way you’ve implemented textures (materials) gives a nice effect. But difficult to master Picasso.
  • Joey_Cuevas - Great scene. A lot of work too. I miss the final touch, bringing it close to the original. Time management is essential because this painting is a lot of work.
  • Willrun - Good reproduction of the shapes, but I miss the paint texture. The tiny irregularities of shape edges, paint strokes, etc.
  • sezpul - Love this idea. I do not think those arc details, you’re talking about. Are the culprit. We’re missing those nice reflections in the water. And then you don’t miss those details in the building.

Note: I don’t want to offend anyone for any reason. I try to write down positive ideas and visions that I have in my simple use of the English language. I am also sometimes more inspired by a particular subject or solution. I’m also learning from you!

4 Likes

Privacy & Terms