2023 Collab: Week 25 “BATTLESTAR GALACTICA (1980’S tv series)” - VOTE CLOSED

This is the Blender Collaboration 2023, week 25 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, have fun, learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “BATTLESTAR GALACTICA”.

• BATTLESTAR GALACTICA (1980’S tv series) - Battlestar Galactica is an American science fiction media franchise created by Glen A. Larson. It began with the original television series in 1978 and was followed by a short-run sequel series, a line of book adaptations, original novels, comic books, a board game, and video games.
  • Subject selected by the previous Week 23 “NCC-1701 U.S.S. ENTERPRISE” winner DANB1

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2023-06-24T21:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @ BlenderCollab ?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

2 Likes

Not participating

8 Likes

8 Likes

Very memorable.
The human was a creep …
Make the Cylon more reflective (metal) …? Using a texture to flect on …

1 Like

It is weird I recognise the series name but have no memory of ever having seen it. Even after looking at on line images of it. Must have been some time in my life when I had no tv.

1 Like

I didn’t watch the 80’s version but I’m a total fan of the final version of Battlestar Galactica so I really needed to participate in this :slight_smile: Most probably I will not be able to improve this render tomorrow and over the weekend, so I wanted to share it beforehand… (So say we all :pray: :heart_eyes:)

I tried to fix the issue on the “T” of the text Galactica but failed miserably :slight_smile: I am totally all ears about the suggestions about what sould have gone wrong about it.

7 Likes

I would use just the bitmap texture using GIMP, Krita, PhotoShop

That’s totally makes sense :nerd_face:

This is as far as i got with this one still waiting on the new motherboard, the cylons hid their shoes the naked one behind the commander is apollo they hid his clothes :grin:

5 Likes

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your own entry.

And the new subject week 26 “Retrofuturism” has already started. The winner of this week’s “Battlestar Galactica” challenge may select a subject for next week 27 and wins a badge.

2 Likes

@consummatumest, congratulations on your beautifully crafted Viper Collab entry. Nice composition and planet.

• DANB1 - Very memorable scene from the TV series. Well done!
  • Willrun - Didn’t see it. Only after your hint … Very funny. Your project has a lot of work involved. The lighting is good! A tiny detail is that the scene is from the latest series.

Note: I don’t want to offend anyone. I try to write down positive ideas and visions in my simple use of the English language. I am also sometimes more inspired by a particular subject or solution. I’m also learning from you!

Privacy & Terms