2023 Collab: Week 26 “Retrofuturism” - VOTE CLOSED

This is the Blender Collaboration 2023, week 26 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, have fun, learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Retrofuturism”.

• Retrofuturism - (adjective retrofuturistic or retrofuture ) is a movement in the creative arts showing the influence of depictions of the future produced in an earlier era. If futurism is sometimes called a “science” bent on anticipating what will come, retrofuturism is the remembering of that anticipation. Characterized by a blend of old-fashioned “retro styles” with futuristic technology, retrofuturism explores the themes of tension between past and future, and between the alienating and empowering effects of technology.
  • Subject selected by the previous Week 24 “Gift” winner Joey_Cuevas

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2023-07-01T21:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @ BlenderCollab ?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

3 Likes

1950s Future vision

I’m going for 1950’s innovation … flying submarine

9 Likes

I have mixed feeling about this concept:
The 1950s are more about atom power and rockets.
Now I’ve chosen recognizable shapes.

After some investigation: this is funny

2 Likes

I find stuff like this interesting, the things that people tried to do in the past and the government was like nah we’ll pass on that incredible device/machine then try to steal it. Never knew about this particular invention very cool.

1 Like

Flying vehicle from an alternate 60’s

9 Likes

Reminds me of the Habakkuk

2 Likes

Elroy Jetson

8 Likes

Changed my mind, but it didn’t work

Still doesn’t work

5 Likes

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your own entry.

And the new subject week 27 “Classic cars” has already started. The winner of this week’s “Retrofuturism” challenge may select a subject for next week 28 and wins a badge.

2 Likes

Our congratulations go to @Joey_Cuevas for his retrofuturism Collab entry. It has good early 60’ties vibes, on how the future would progress. A great modern 60’ties vehicle placed in a futuristic architecture. The composition is well done with a distinctive color for the subject, the car.

• FedPete - Is it a rocket, is it a plane, what is it … For sure not the intended flying submarine. The scale of things doesn’t work (dome, periscope). But you had fun!
  • Willrun - Great idea to use references like the Jetson family. I think some more objects in the background, in the style of the Jetsons, could support the story better.

Note: I don’t want to offend anyone. I try to write down positive ideas and visions in my simple use of the English language. I am also sometimes more inspired by a particular subject or solution. I’m also learning from you!

Privacy & Terms