2022 Collab: Week 38 "Clothing, shoes, accessories, etc." - VOTE CLOSED

This is the Blender collaboration 2022, week 38 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, have fun, learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Clothing, shoes, accessories, hats, gloves, etc.”.

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2022-09-24T21:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @ BlenderCollab ?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

6 Likes

Clothing in Blender

hmmmm … this is going to be interesting!!

ive done some work on an acsesorie? a ring. heres my progress:

this is not an image from the internet but it IS a huge improvment from my other creations.

11 Likes

heres with vingette

7 Likes

Great work! I love this kind of project. Simple models and the bulk of the work is done through textures and lighting. I think I like it without the vignette slightly better. The lighting is a little more dynamic that way. Is that an HDRI for the reflections? Looks nice.

W.I.P

11 Likes

oh- i hope people can tell what ring my project is?

2 Likes

6txwxm

5 Likes

Ok. this might be final render i dont know

9 Likes

On Youtube there is a tutorial about this.
And how to make the text emit light rays.

Two identities fit all

8 Likes

“Red silk dress”

So I played with some cloth physics for this one. Modeled a quick body, rigged it, grabbed a quick walk animation from mixamo, modeled the dress, added some cloth simulation, and baked it. UV unwrapped, made a quick silk-like material to add to the dress, made a quick background and lighting setup. To finish it off I played around in the compositor to tweak the color balance, added some glare, and then threw the rendered clips into a short music video to show it off.

I hope video submissions are allowed.

9 Likes

Yes, but provide a nice screen shot which I can use in the vote!

2 Likes

Loving it!
Great project, could be more … :wink:

1 Like

Here ya go.

5 Likes

Update

5 Likes

Since I picked the prompt for this week, I won’t be competing.

If anyone ever wants to make any wrap-around clothes, you can connect the overlapping parts with a few edges to keep it together. Originally I was using pins, but found out that they could pull through the character when animated.

I was trying to put the compositional weight of the character near the center of the image without putting them there, but I’m not sure if it worked.

Credits:

“Women/Female Body Base Rigged” by camilooh is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution.

Some textures from www.sharetextures.com

HDRI from polyhaven

6 Likes

You should, nothing wrong with competing!

3 Likes

Very convenient clothing. Can do a lot of things without needing to take it off. :+1:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms