2022 Collab: Week 37 "Aerostat" - VOTE CLOSED

This is the Blender collaboration 2022, week 37 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, have fun, learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Aerostat”.

• An aerostat is a lighter-than-air aircraft that gains its lift through the use of a buoyant gas. Aerostats include unpowered balloons and powered airships. A balloon may be free-flying or tethered. See also Dirigible, Blimps.
  • Subject selected by the previous Week 35 “Tales in the open sea” winner: Guihom

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2022-09-17T21:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @ BlenderCollab ?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

6 Likes

Old collab entry “Spring is in the air”.
I will not participate. Just to get you guys inspired.

9 Likes

I just realised; my entry from last week could be used here

3 Likes

1st thing I thought when it was announced lol

2 Likes

15 Likes

I might add more, but i feel anything i try to add is gonna make it worse. and joey-Cuevas’s thing is exactly what i want to make but cant make. :frowning:

12 Likes

@Cows use artstation or pinterest for references or inspiration and download PureRef to keep them all in a window

1 Like

Wanted to do more with this, but ran out of time to work on it. With every for fun project I try to include new things so that I may continue learning. This project I played around with a few volumetric effects. I mostly sculpt for 3Dprinting projects, so I don’t often use volumetrics in my work.

More renders / angles

12 Likes

Amazing stuff, very nice entries.

1 Like

I’m not submitting an entry this time, but thought that I’d post what the prompt inspired me to make anyway.

-------------------------------------------------Not an entry------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------Not an entry------------------------------------------------

10 Likes

Not quite done but no more time today

11 Likes

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your own entry.
And the new subject week 38 “Clothing, shoes, accessories, etc” has already started. The winner of this week’s “Aerostat” challenge may select a subject for next week 39.

1 Like

@Joey_Cuevas congratulations on your winning entry in the Aerostat collab.
The composition is great, the lighting is excellent. Nice upper sky cool icy colors. With a early morning sun shine (sharp shadows). It’s a bright scene. Using clouds was a cleaver idea to hide the background. Also your style of objects fits the overall design.

• Raiju - Beautifully crafted airship! Love the chosen sky, it fits well. But the object itself is a bit blended. The contrast could be higher. Like the examples shown by Joey. Pay more attention to that and you have a winner!
  • Cows - Great, playful ideas. The lighting is good, but could be more playful (now it’s tot down). Don’t forget to use the object smooth option.
  • Willrun - Excellent lighting, camera position, and a clear visible hot air balloon flame! Great generated sky! I think the subject (the balloon) could be bigger in the composition (It is the center of attention). Which will also show more details of the basked.
3 Likes

Privacy & Terms