2021 Collab: Week 35 “Autumn/Fall” - CLOSED

This is the Blender collaboration 2021, week 35 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, to have fun, to learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Autumn/Fall”.

• Autumn/Fall - Autumn and fall are used interchangeably as words for the season between summer and winter.
  • Subject selected by the previous week 33 winner Digitz - “Dice game”

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject.

Deadline: 2021-08-04T21:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @BlenderCollab ?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

4 Likes

Autumn days.

Blured the back ground and added and oil filter to the whole image

11 Likes

Here is my entry for ‘autumn/fall’, it’s an expressionist painting called ’ love in the forest’ xxx Jess

13 Likes

The idea behind this was to mimic a drawing technique: sometimes in drawings, you’ll notice unconnected lines or thickness variation, that’s called breathing, it gives a completely different feel to an illustration, I tried that with this model. Hope you guys like it.

14 Likes

oh no, it’s autumn and it’s getting colder.
The tree house is still not ready and most of the birds have already flown south …

10 Likes

Really gorgeous work, lovely, xxx Jess

2 Likes

cool, xxx Jess

2 Likes

I love this pic, xxx Jess

2 Likes

Blender is so addictive. I didn’t want to participate, I need to work on our garden. But I still spend two hours on this. It felt like Bob Ross … When you look up as a reference “Autumn/fall”, you see only colors. So I thought, I spend one hour on this color fest.

I created a random floor with a path and added two materials "Ground"and “Leaves”. Assigned them a bit randomly. I have only one tree modeled. Just copy past. And stretch, scale and rotate. Places the trees upside down, half way, etc…
Added the mushrooms for a slight color variation, and to guide the path. Added a rabbit (from the old course) in the middle. The is much to be improved. I see it a s a concept. Now I need to go and mow the lawn. bye. (originally done in Eevee, but this one in cycles, for better shadows.)

7 Likes

Voting for “Autumn/Fall” theme - week 35

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your own entry.
And the next subject, week 36 “ Share market has already started. The winner of this week’s “Autumn/Fall” challenge may select a subject for week 37.

1 Like

Wow! this is brilliant. I hope you got the lawn mown, lol xxx Jess

1 Like

weeds … terrible.

1 Like

Oh, and you moved your little bunny so s/he can be seen better. :wink:

2 Likes

Gardens need a lot of work to keep them looking good, you go getthem weeds! xxx Jess

1 Like

I didn’t see the bunny until you pointed her out, lol xxx Jess

1 Like

Yes, I know. I should have make it a different color. But weeds don’t wait, they grow …
But, the project was more a study concept.

simply elegant, stark beauty, love, love, love it, xxx Jess

1 Like

These scenes you create are breath taking, I hope I can learn how to do all these amazing things, really nice work, although it is very hard to see your cute bunny lol xxx Jess

1 Like

@Yee congratulations for the nice, colorful, stylish autumn/fall theme. As we all can see, It doesn’t need to be difficult with big shaders, high poly models. Well done!

• DANB1 - The second images looks like an oil painting. The first one has too much blue/cyan (reflection?)
  • jessbernstein - beautiful story and scenery. Maybe invest some time in Blender grease pencil (2D drawing). Look up examples on YouTube.
  • Enodes - I was expecting an autumn storm (tornado) which blew away the house. Fun story sequence.
  • FedPete - Some lighting problems and not enough color variance.

Don’t give up, practice is the key.

5 Likes

Privacy & Terms