2021 Collab: Week 21 “Creepy crawlies” - CLOSED

This is the Blender collaboration 2021, week 21 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, to have fun, to learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Creepy crawlies”.

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.

You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject.

Deadline: 2021-05-29T21:55:00Z

2 Likes

Didn’t we just do this exact subject 2 weeks ago?

No, this one is much wider!

1 Like

It is slightly similar, but I aimed it at smaller ‘bugs’ than were entered in the last similar one. Included the idea caterpillars counted as so many make one starting sculpting in the course, and it might make it more easy for new entrants to offer something. (I wont enter my wasp or older fly as it is a bit unfair, ready made.) Realistic is not the only style either.

2 Likes

Ok well I guess that’s just the difference of opinions the internet offers.

But the Collab 2 weeks ago which I wrote the description for, “literally” ended with the words… “creepy crawlies”.

3 Likes

Quick entry just to show that I am still around!!! I hope I can participate more, as soon as I have more time again. :sweat_smile: Luckily, this crawler is built out of very basic shapes, haha.

Have fun with the challenge guys! I always love seeing your entries! :+1: :blush:

15 Likes

Great idea and performance!

5 Likes

Love it! Cute!!

3 Likes

That’s adorable! Would love to see the evolved versions :wink:

2 Likes

Yes, especially after it’s fully hatched out of his egg. :wink:

1 Like

Hi.
Here is my entry for this week.
Hope you like it :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Nice, how did you do the materials?

Thanks.
Water drop is just Glass BSDF with IoR 1.3 and hint of warm color at low saturation.
Stick has noise texture passed trough colorRamp to color and bump node.
Body I have baked normal and Cavity maps from high poly model. Than I’ve hand painted Diffuse map For the color and Transmission map for translucent parts like ends of legs and mouth area.
Wings I have made using Transparent BSDF with low saturation and high value mixed with Principled Volume at 0.002 density. Ant veiny parts of wings are just Principled BSDF.
Plus its all rigged. Ive done little walk and flight animation couple of days ago but somehow it all went to hell so having to do it again some time later on.

2 Likes

CreepyCrawlieAnim

Having seen the other entries to date, my little effort looks a bit dull but I’m very much a novice who’s only just discovered the wonder of rigging and I only have limited time to indulge in my Blender & Unity education/hobby. I really need to lean more about materials to give my work some Wow! (I can only dream of being able to produce work like Mateusz’s beautiful ant).

Below is the link to the video on You-Tube:

CreepyCrawlie

8 Likes

I can only say: UAU!!! :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

You have still one day to finish the “Creepy crawlies” Blender collab.

New week 22 challenge

We have a new subject “ Dangerous ”.

I think this one is more about storytelling. Because how to show it’s dangerous? Scissors aren’t dangerous by themselves, but how you handle it. Be creative, think outside the box … and have fun.

Note: If one of you in the list below, don’t want to receive a signal for the announcement of a new Blender collab subject. Give me a private message. And also send me a message if you want to be added. @FedPete

Signal: @Alex_Rusu @anfloy @Blest @billmih @Caleb_Kofoed @Digitz @Ethan_Martinez @elibyy @Exitus19 @iamindieps @Jaco_Pretorius @JaneDoe @Josa_Booba @Kartik_Nair @Leon_V2 @Marijus @Martiine @Mateusz @Munsa @Navarshi_Mahanta @niladri_ghosh @NP5 @Orion_Dauter @Rao @Reginaldo_Junior @Seblecaribou @Sblendid @ShyDragon @Simone_Rossaini @Tanunen @Tetiana_Stasiv @TripleJ @WillyEckerslike @xMezzy @Yee @yo_johann

2 Likes

Nice walk cycle. Looks smooth :+1:

It is great and very much in the spirit of taking part in the collab.

Just keep at it and try the collab challenge whenever you can to stretch what you have learnt.

Morning visitors of Alko-shop…

8 Likes

Out of time as usual. Have started giving it an armature to ease foot and wing case movement for posing. Came across details of how they fold their wings up too but not even started to try and work out folding wings. More to do to call it finished then.

Meant to put one in upside down to show the textured underside. It has an internal body etc. At some point I could do different spots and there are colour variations. A project never ends just gets put aside for a time!

8 Likes

Privacy & Terms