2021 Collab: Week 22 “Dangerous” - CLOSED

This is the Blender collaboration 2021, week 22 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, to have fun, to learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Dangerous”.

• Dangerous - applies to something that may cause harm or loss unless dealt with carefully. soldiers on a dangerous mission hazardous implies a great and continuous risk of harm or failure. claims that smoking is hazardous to your health precarious suggests both insecurity and uncertainty. earned a precarious living by gambling perilous strongly implies the immediacy of danger. perilous mountain roads risky often apply to a known and accepted danger. shied away from risky investments
  • Subject selected by the previous week 20 winner FedPete - 2021 Collab: Week 20 “Fishtank”

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.

You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject.

Deadline: 2021-06-05T21:55:00Z

3 Likes

10 Likes

I like it, double interpretation.

1 Like

I’ve always dreamed of a pair of Manolo Blahnik’s big enough to fit me - size 11 :grin:

Nice looking shoe model, but is the toe a bit big?

Absolutely gorgeous @Blest! I would love a pair like that for one of the 3D female characters I work with often in other software. :grinning:

Unfortunately, It’s been a verrrry long time since I’ve worn heels that high. Not sure I could manage them anymore.

Did you create the texture yourself, or did you find it somewhere online?

1 Like

My reference for the silhouette was this season Prada shoe… It’s a bit not so wide in toe as it has to be… And it’s symmetrical, with Mirror not applied. Not a real shoe, of course. May be I’ll change that.

2 Likes

I used the snake skin texture found by Yandex search. And it’s funny, - I didn’t unwrap it, it looked the best just with “Window” Texture Coordinate. It’s a very simple model.

2 Likes

Yes, I like simple models for shoes, as then I can go crazy with the textures to make them look interesting. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi All,

Firstly, thanks for the votes on my effort at last week’s challenge - much appreciated and a real confidence booster.

Secondly, I won’t be submitting anything this week as I’ve got rather bogged-down doing a humanoid rig from scratch. I’ve been trying to do it just with the limited experience that I have rather than resorting to tutorials. I needed help with the legs though and the forum came up trumps again. I’m currently having ‘fun’ with the arms but I’m hopeful that I’ll get there eventually (especially as there is a wet weekend forecast here in Central France).

Thirdly, does anyone else out there consider a weekly challenge a bit too much of a challenge? I’m thoroughly enjoying the steep learning curve afforded by the challenges, but I’m trying to learn Unity as well and the weekly challenges (and my own obsessive/bonkers side challenges) eat up all of my limited free time. Perhaps a monthly challenge? I appreciate that I don’t have to submit something for every weekly challenge, but I like to be an active member of the forum.

3 Likes

HI, you don’t need to a challenge every week! So if you have time once a month to participate it would be fine. I don’t have time for the weekly collab either. So visit us so now and then, when you like the subject for example.

It’s a weekly collab because it is all about short projects, not bogged down by large ideas and huge complexity. The goal is to have repetition, learn something new, and get some feedback. Even if you do a monthly project it will consume relatively the same amount of time! Because the project will be bigger.

If you want off the message list, leave a message.

3 Likes

Thanks Pete. Good point on the monthly challenge. I’m more than happy to remain on the list and do the challenges occasionally when the subject appeals.

2 Likes

That is fine I do one now and again. Can’t do them all. Some subject just not get a good idea.

Hi All.
Haven’t spent much time modelling this one but quite a lot on smoke simulations. Its nothing like I imagined. More of an early idea for the concept art :sweat_smile: mock up of what I’ve seen is possible.
Enjoy.

9 Likes

I love your clouds, like milk in coffee. Really mysterious, alien like.

1 Like

You have still one day to finish the “Dangerous” Blender collab. Maybe too dangerous to do? But here the sun finally shines, getting some tan in the sun. But sitting in the sun is also too dangerous …

New week 23 challenge

We have a new subject “ Piece of modern tech ”.

Note: If one of you in the list below, don’t want to receive a signal for the announcement of a new Blender collab subject. Give me a private message. And also send me a message if you want to be added. @FedPete

Signal: @Alex_Rusu @Ananda_Namaste @anfloy @Blest @billmih @Caleb_Kofoed @Cyndi @Digitz @Ethan_Martinez @elibyy @iamindieps @Jaco_Pretorius @JaneDoe @Josa_Booba @Kartik_Nair @Leon_V2 @Marijus @Martiine @Mateusz @Munsa @Navarshi_Mahanta @niladri_ghosh @NP5 @Orion_Dauter @Rao @Reginaldo_Junior @Seblecaribou @Sblendid @ShyDragon @Simone_Rossaini @Tanunen @Tetiana_Stasiv @TripleJ @WillyEckerslike @xMezzy @Yee @yo_johann

Eevee render.
Did not want to participate but I saw low number of entries.
So I added a two hour project.
Most time spend in lighting and composition.
Ton’s of ideas, but not much time.

I only want to express, you don’t need to spend a whole week, just a quick sketch to sharpen your skills.

7 Likes

Hhehheh. Thanks, I guess. It was a strange one. Nothing worked as expected. And all being volumetric it literally took ages to show any kind of thing. Did not enjoy making it at all. I guess ill stay clear from the smoke simss in the forseable future.

2 Likes

7 Likes

5 Likes

Privacy & Terms