2021 Collab: Week 18 “Arthropod” - CLOSED

This is the Blender collaboration 2021, week 18 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, to have fun, to learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Arthropod”.

• Arthropod - The largest phylum (family) in the animal kingdom, is an invertebrate animal having an exoskeleton, a segmented body, and paired jointed appendages, which includes insects, arachnids (spiders), myriapods (many legs), and crustaceans (crabs, lobsters, etc). Basically, this week - it’s creepy-crawlies.
  • Subject selected by the previous week 16 winner Josa_Booba - 2021 Collab: Week 16 “Kitchen Robots” - CLOSED

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.

You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject.

Deadline: 2021-05-08T21:55:00Z

3 Likes

Hi all. I hope there will be lots of entries this week.
Here is my early concept for “Arthropod”.
I decided to try cartoony style this time.
See how it goes.

14 Likes

Wow, that’s super quick… Great job!

I was a little nervous picking the topic this week - I hope people will get involved too.

Thanks to everyone for all the votes last week :heart_eyes:

Good luck to all this week.

4 Likes

Thanks Josa.
Its still basic bsdf. Have to texture and paint it. Will take whole week probabily :joy:.
You kidding? Its great topic. So many ways to go about it.

2 Likes

Hi. Say hallo to Hermit the crab. That’s my final entry for this week. Bit of beach and sunshine for this freezing spring time. Took big dent of my time this week. But learned a bunch.
Cant wait to see what you guys are brewing.
Stay safe. Good luck :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Both of your entries have their charm. But I’ve to say, I have a favorite … :wink:

1 Like

The Lobster Quadrille
Won’t you join the dance?

9 Likes

What do you call the thing dancing in the turtle shell? :joy:

2 Likes

Turtle Tortoise cow, new genetically modified way of farming beef eating sea grass!

1 Like

“Tortomu” for friends.

It’s a Mock Turtle! You should read classics! Or just enjoy the music…https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE_H9gpw7Uw; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNT2A86TOGU&list=PLAGZw-nxeIlSk94DqGg3DLt1kzTP5VkU8&index=28

2 Likes

@Mateusz & @Blest very nice entries.

@NP5 - the Manatees & Dugongs won’t be happy sharing their sea grass.

1 Like

@Mateusz great work mate.

2 Likes

Thanks Niladri.
Island sand and the ocean are one material. Took me the longest to work that out. But now I can make any islands apply this material and magically all this appears. And the waves can be animated too.
So im happiest about that :laughing:

1 Like

All the textures are looking fabulous. Specially I like the sand dry at he top and wet near the water. Extremely realistic :+1:

1 Like

Thanks.

For the wet sand ive just used saturation node on the albedo texture from the set
. But texture itself is from textures.com so I cant take credit for that.

2 Likes

Tech-wise, I haven’t had a good week at all, this week.

At the beginning of the week, just as I started my Arthropod Weekly Collab entry, my trusty and much loved Logitech G500s mouse packed in and so I’ve been forced to use a horrible 2 button (no DPI) thing that feels so alien to me…

Then mid-week I got an update on my Sammy mobile and that corrupted my phones OS which demanded much of my attention to fix. Can’t be without a working mobile phone right?

Then tonight as I am close to finishing my Collab entry, I render out a sample, which takes ages, save,… and reboot my PC — for an auto-update (SCSI I think it was) and then I spend the next 2 hours (it was already 3am, now 5am) circling in boot loop and BIOS failure, time and again… Then I had to go searching for a paper copy of my MS login to repair.

I’m sorta back up and running now, but I better post my entry now which is practically finished (although I did want to consider some minor changes before deadline - but can’t risk another boot failure tomorrow.) Hope you like it…

My entry for Arthropod is a Scorpion.

12 Likes

You have still one day to finish the “Arthropod” Blender collab.
At the moment there are not that many participants. Not a problem.
Finding the spare time and working on Blender projects can be a problem.
Maybe the next subject gives you the inspiration to challenge yourself.

Have fun, stay healthy!

New week 19 challenge

We have a new subject, chosen by Mateusz
And it is called “Fruit”.

Signal:

@Alex_Rusu @anfloy @Blest @billmih @Digitz @Ethan_Martinez @elibyy @Exitus19 @iamindieps @Jaco_Pretorius @JaneDoe @Josa_Booba @Kartik_Nair @Leon_V2 @Mateusz @Marijus @Munsa @Navarshi_Mahanta @niladri_ghosh @NP5 @Orion_Dauter @Rao @Reginaldo_Junior @Seblecaribou @Sblendid @ShyDragon @Simone_Rossaini @Tanunen @Tetiana_Stasiv @xMezzy @Yee

1 Like

Privacy & Terms