The Blender Collab: Week 30 “Travel impressions”

I used the skin modifier to get the basic shape of the tree. Then I sculpted it into a more “gnarly” look and wider stem. Yes, as a square, it would probably look more like an old photograph, you are right! Awesome feedback, thanks!
My favorite render actually looked like this: (Just thought it doesn’t quite fit to the topic) xD

9 Likes

Thank you for the feedback. Spent a few hours trying to add depth of field to my Cycles render. Used nodes and composing mode…I just can’t do it. May be the next time…

1 Like

@Tyger2 Yeah indeed now that i look at my scene the powerlines are a bit to “detailed” compared to the rest. However i really wanted to capture it since its one of those things that made my “impressions” its actually a bit more messy in real life :laughing:

1 Like

Did you try depth of field in the camera settings?

Thank you! You are filling up yawning gaps in my education here ) I found it, but it didn’t make a big difference anyway…!

4 Likes

Wave modifier is good, pretty intuitive to use. I tried a few variations with different speeds, heights, and multiple instances, but I ended up going with this. Definitely has a vibe to it that I’m liking.

lhanimation1

What I really want now is a way to combine the two systems… maybe get some of the collision with the rocky shore without having to go through the trouble of the adding liquid process. Maybe there’s a way to add the wave modifier to a liquid mesh, or add a wave plane on top. I want to do some more research on the ocean system. Might just come down to keying in particles manually.

9 Likes

Thanks for continuing to give thoughts on everyone’s submissions, as for your thoughts on mine:

turned the strength of the world light from 1.000 to 2.500, hopefully it’s easier to see it all and sort out what’s going on.

7 Likes

You have so much talent, I don’t want any technicalities to stand in your way! :slight_smile:
If you change the F-stop, things get blurry faster. (The smaller F-stop, the more blur). And you can choose an object (or add an empty) as a center of focus, instead of fiddling with the focus distance as well.
Maybe if you try out these things, you can make it work in a way you like! :smiley:

3 Likes

I think it looks better now. :smiley: Things are more visible.

2 Likes

Looks really nice. Maybe add several wave modifiers to mix it up a little?

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for your feedback.

I tried to apply some of the advice from @Sblendid, @Tyger2 and @Alexandra_Ispas

I tried to match the colors a bit better. I tried a different camera angle to frame the subject better. I tried to add some detail and extras to distract from incomplete bits. I tried to really boost the depth-of field to blur the lack of some details. I then also tried really hard to divert my eyes from builder orc’s cold empty stare; silently judging me for not having texture painted or rigged him yet…

Hope you like it! :smile:

@Sblendid… That tree is extremely detailed… I think it almost needs extra zoom on top of the suggested square framing. I like the coloring… almost makes it eerier. :+1:

8 Likes

lol OK now it’s perfect! :rofl:

1 Like

Congratulations, @Blest! You did it again!

Thank you! Well, next week theme “Aliens”. Waiting for funny pictures!

1 Like

Can you please add next reply to the Hall of fame here: The Blender Collaboration 2020 edition . It does not allow me to write three times in a row…

2 Likes

Done! :+1:
Congrats! :partying_face:

1 Like

Thank you!

Congrats you are awesome. Keep it up.

2 Likes

Hi Tyger, “don’t judge me” is because of my scene with so many empty beer bottles. :woozy_face:
Thank you for your feedback every week!

1 Like

Nice colorpalette you chose - the tree definatly transports a mood :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms