2021 Collab: Week 07 “Underground” - CLOSED

This is the Blender collaboration 2021, week 7 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, to have fun, to learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Underground”.

• Underground, open to interpretation: beneath the surface of the earth!
  • Subject selected by the previous week 05 winner JaneDoe - “Love”

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.

You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject.

Deadline: 2021-02-20T22:59:00Z

5 Likes

I like it!

2 Likes

Look, mom what I found in the underground

Just a concept, my final entry.

16 Likes

That’s a nice interpretation of the theme.

I am stuck at the moment with figuring out what to do… :thinking: Hopefully with more submissions I’ll get some inspirations…

2 Likes

My original idea was to create an entrance to the underground metro.
But I was working on an other project, where I needed a low poly skull.
So I reused stuff.

Maybe look at underground references …

1 Like

I think I’ll actually get the time to work on another challenge. It’s been a few weeks for me, life certainly has a way of getting in the way of what we wish to do with those things we need to do.

4 Likes

Amazing.

1 Like

Yes, thank you. But I only modelled the scull recently and the fish bones, was part of a Halloween project 2020. So, basically, it was a 15min job. Append objects mostly. I’m using the skull for this 2D drawing challenge. Which became a 3D project.

Welcome back @Digitz.

I’m thinking of maybe resurrecting the mole-rat project and using this challenge as an excuse to do the modular dungeon section… Will be keeping track of it here.

Nice topic, @JaneDoe :+1:

5 Likes

Was cool idea to look at references before coming up with idea @FedPete. I usually worked backwards (first idea then searching for references). Now in retrospect it seems that it’s obvious approach when stuck without idea :sweat_smile:

@Jaco_Pretorius - welcome to the “3D diary writing club” :joy:

Here is mine for this week:

3 Likes

Thanks, was already part of it tho… welcome to you! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Aghhh :sweat_smile: I quickly checked topics you created and didn’t notice that :sweat_smile:.

:rofl:

1 Like

My rendition of a Fallout Vault housing Blender 2.92! I might work on Lighting a bit more but this is close to the final product.

13 Likes

Can someone please make an anthropomorphic raccoon wearing a gangster suit, leaning on a wall while flipping a coin? :rofl:

1 Like

Really awesome! Fallout vault was one of the things I’ve considered as well :smiley:. It reminds me fallout 1/2 feel due to camera angle and size. Big door for a fallout vault though (most ones that I remember from games where smaller) - must be an important one!

Did you model everything yourself or did you use some pre-made assets?

1 Like

Hello, I am working on an underground tube station (in London). This is the train I’ll be using in my scene.

I can’t figure out which shader to use, in order to make a window glass suitable for a train, here I tried using Transparent BSDF, but not getting any reflections on the glass. Shall I use Refraction BSDF instead, need some guidance.
Thanks in advance.

9 Likes

What does it need to reflect?
If your background is grey, then the reflection is equal.
So for a test make it very shiny, no roughness end see what it does.
Also the surrounding to be reflective entity needs to be bright as well.

Oh, so I’ll add in some more lights in the scene. With reflections I was trying to say it didn’t showed any reflections when I placed it in the scene…my fault, I was just having few lights in the scene. So will the Transparent BSDF work fine here? And thanks for the tip. :smile:

"Quick" Transparency

And if using eevee:

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms