Collab 2021W07 Scratchpad for Mole-Rat mine

Will be keeping track of progress here for this week’s collab

The abandoned Mole-Rat Miner which was mid-bake…

… which is the starting point. Challenge will be to finish the Mole-Rat off and create a modular mining environment.

Blender 2.92 will be arriving on Steam this week so may end up wasting time playing with geometry nodes and not finishing this project in time for the challenge… who knows?

9 Likes

WIP mine-cart with some curve-following tracks…

7 Likes

Very good idea. I really enjoy texture of the mole-rat skin. I’m waiting to see the final effect :blush:

2 Likes

Looks good but is that decline rather steep for a rail track? The bottom of the curve even shows up ‘kinks’.

1 Like

Probably won’t use this for this project, but stumbled upon Cloud displacement of type Cell Noise… can do insta-brickwork:

Thanks @anfloy… the trick is to keep your expectations low.

@NP5: Used an exaggerated curve for modeling… intend final curves to be “gentle”.

4 Likes

Good to know and thanks for sharing! I might just use this “noise” in my project :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lost a day but back at it…
Cool trick with modular pieces with displacement is to use global coordinates (using a object will also work), so when tiling pieces the displacement will match at the edges…

5 Likes

Did some more work on the mole-rat, and adding materials to assets…

… again, badly estimated the time I could spend on this. Hope I can submit something in the next couple of hours.

5 Likes

Looking good! Can’t wait for the final result!

If you have time I would add some random damage/scratches/bends to the carts (and maybe helmets and tracks).

Tell me something about it…

:rofl:

same here :slight_smile:

:crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Looking good has great potential if you have the time. All dark and controlled limited lights.

2 Likes

Only an hour left… don’t think I’m gonna make it :man_facepalming:

So many mistakes made on the mole-rat… think I may just have to put them in shadow. :flushed:

3 Likes

You can do it! At least do something! Your previous screenshot was already looking good and undergroundy! It doesn’t have to be perfect (no render ever is!)

I :crossed_fingers: for you to finish!

2 Likes

Do not worry Take a bit longer, odds are it will not close till the morning now. You have one image in as back up. :laughing:

3 Likes

Yeah, no, sorry, I had to get some sleep :tired_face:

Final submission here

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms