2021 Collab: Week 01 “Space Tourism” - CLOSED

This is the first weekly challenge for the year 2021
A new Hall of Fame 2021 will be created.

This is the Blender collaboration 2021, week 1 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, to have fun, to learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Space Tourism”.

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.

You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject.

Deadline: 2021-01-08T23:00:00Z

7 Likes

Finishing 1 Month of Low Poly Practice Challenge - Finished! I ended with space shuttle… So how better to start a space tourism if not by going to space? :slight_smile:

12 Likes

15 Likes

Love the bot.

3 Likes

Have been playing with the glossy shader for mirror effects.

Nice scene. One query? Where is the precipitation 3% occurring? Indoors or out? How? :rofl:

2 Likes

Haha. Good point, maybe on terraformed Mars and they’re about to visit. Couldn’t think of many relevant categories, perhaps speed or random coordinates.

Sorry for posting the same pic that i just finished, but thought that this could relate to the subject, still creating new mechs though, Am a beginner so any tips would be really helpful

9 Likes

You have still some days left. Try to improve the scene … more space feel …

1 Like

Yess

This is my 2nd render in cycles.
Thank you

9 Likes

Humans won’t change. Space tourism, same old, Sights, Sand, Sun, and cheap booze.

The final render made interesting multiple refraction reflections yet still recognisable I hope.

16 Likes

This one, make me smile … Really!
And yes I like these ‘accidental?’ refractions too.
It is like wrinkles in the plastic dome. You should explore this more …
And maybe a darker drinking glass, beer bottle. Hardly to see if not zoomed in.

When I see other peoples work, I get so many ideas. Like a “beach” with a lot of ‘space’ litter.

Did you try a nearly black background? The contrast between render and illustration is too high.

1 Like

Do you mean the blacks in the outer space are not as black as the shadows etc. on the planet? I did not try a plain black ‘space’. I actually got a nassa image, found how to make it into an equilateral, and used it as one would an hdri. Ended up needing to be pretty close in to see the tourist, so not much space vista visible, just a hint of the wonders being out there to see. The glass of amber liquid looked better when made without the dome showing. I had to mess about with settings actually making it more cheap cloudy plastic for it to show at all inside the dome at the scene distance, rather than the glass filling my screen while working on it. Leaves a lot to be desired, but I was trying not to make it a life long project! Decided to stop not add more domes, robot service vehicles, Gawping at the odd human tourist local wildlife, a door or means of access, spaceport in distance with rocket traffic, etc. lol.

2 Likes

11 Likes

Love it. So many cool details.

2 Likes

Alisa and Gromozeka. From “The Mystery of the Third Planet” - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TAmISW76Rk

10 Likes

Had an idea which turned into way too much work and it is still a bit slap-dash.

Late cos I left the bushes for last which was a mistake and cost me a lot of time.

12 Likes

Great resemblance.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms