This week was an amazing one, with a lot of great games, first scenes, and amazing talks about code and other topics, you guys are truly pushing yourself hard! Keep going strong!
- An amazing take on Laser Defender that @erwanl brings us! You gotta play this one, the art is fantastic.
My Laser Defender (horizontal!)
@SuperGoo creates an amazing Project Boost! Forget about spaceships, is all about Hands in space!
Space Hand starts lifting
- You can create very amazing things with very little, there’s no need for hyper-realistic models or even shaders. @maxothy gives us the proof of that with an amazing scene.
My second first unity scene
- An amazing race track build by @pinnet, can’t wait to see the final product!
My Track Design - #4 by pinnet
- Just take a look at this gorgeous screenshot of @GrayscaleGoat’s project!
Post Processing - The Rescue
- A simple and short, yet enlightening talk about object pooling. Started by @Yavuz_Selim. Thanks to Nina for sharing her knowledge.
Are object pools only using for enemy kind of objects?
- The style of this Project Boost created by @JD1 is incredible. Go and play it to see for yourself.
Play JD's Project Rocket Boost in your Browser | ShareMyGame
@Preet delivers Boomerango! A game that forgets about blocks and balls and replaces them with planks and boomerangs. Quite an original art choice with great additions that were not in the original project.
Boomerango - Jungle Block Breaker
@Myles brings us a great text-based game, go have a look!
Forgotten Valley - First Game
- A pig plush with psychic powers! Now I’ve seen it all. @Skeleskime shows a great take on Number Wizard!
Magic Number Piggy
Thank you all for sharing, asking, helping, and supporting the community!
|| From the Gamedev.tv team ||
Did you know that the Gamedev.tv team has a blog filled with small tutorials, amazing tips, stories from students, and more? Be sure to check it out!
Don’t forget to check the latest podcast episode hosted by our very own Student Evangelist, Kevin-Brandon Joseph:
This week’s Blender Collab theme: Meadow. Go and check out the amazing entries! Don’t forget you can join regardless of experience!
This all for this week! Happy deving!