Boomerango - Jungle Block Breaker

Here’s the Link to the game! Enjoy.

Made a ‘Jungle Theme Block Breaker’.

Things I added :

1. Added wooden destructible blocks instead of regular blocks along with some indestructible blocks and tweaked the particle system to make it look like wood is destroyed.
  2. When the boomerang (ball) hits a 2 hit or 3 hit block it makes a ‘wood crack sound’ and edited the blocks in MS Paint to make them more destroyed each time. And when it is finally destroyed, I added a wood destruction sound.
  3. Added Rotating Indestructible Blocks to make the game and levels more interesting, as you’ll see in the last two levels.
  4. Jungle Background
  5. Typical Jungle Music just for the feel.
  6. Added a little mouse hover sound whenever mouse hovers the buttons.
  7. I added shortcut keys ‘8’ and ‘9’ to enable and disable autoplay if a player gets stuck in the
    level or just wants to have some fun and watch.
    Would recommend finishing all levels without autoplay.
  8. I fixed the problem where the ball(boomerang) would go uncontrollably fast or very slow when hitting
    a weird spot on the blocks by adding a constant velocity to it but the direction random factor is still
    there.

Here’s a preview:

Start Screen

Level 1

Level2

Level3

Level4

Level5

Game Over Screen

Win Screen

Hope you guys like my game!
Feedback Appreciated.

2 Likes

Your game is really cool, I think you nailed the concept you were after really well.

I only two concerns, the boomerang kinda blends with the background, you’ll probably want to change that.
And, this is a complaint based on how bad I am at this type of games, I don’t like that the player only has one life, maybe you could add a life system.

1 Like

Breakout!
boomerang and the bottom bat aren’t that visible. The contrast is low.
Improve this to get a better playability.

@Yee and @FedPete.
Thank you guys for your feedbacks! Really appreciate it.
I will keep those things in mind. :grin: :heart:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms