The Blender Collab; Weekly Themed Gallery (Week 8)

Hi everyone, the theme for this week is…

The Desert… :cactus::snake::sun_with_face:

So model some cacti, or a western town, or whatever you can think of! :smiley:

Happy Modeling!!

2 Likes

No way~ I’m actually half way through a model in my 3D club that I run at work; and it’s a low poly desert bridge. Nice! :smiley: Two birds have officially been killed with one stone.

2 Likes

Nice! Be sure to post it when you’re done! @McFuzz

Here is my progress! :smiley: :cactus:

3 Likes

Cool Man is that all made in Blender 3D or did you have to use other software for part of it ???

1 Like

I think I need lots more practice before I can post anything to these Weekly Showcases. I am pretty slow modeling stuff. Everyone does such great work I am afraid I would embarrass myself.

Does anyone know if there a way to be notified of these Weekly Showcases other than checking back on the forums?

Unfortunately because it requires a new thread weekly, you will need to check. These get uploaded every Monday/Tuesday, around the same time. I hope we get to see some participation from you in the future; there’s no minimum skill limit, we’re all artists here!

I can say already, Elite, that amhadinger’s model was entirely done in Blender. Blender is a powerful tool that can do all this and more; it really is all you need as a budding 3D artist. I’m nearly done my own model and I hope to wow you guys with my scene.

2 Likes

To Morgaine the more you work with it and learn and get more proficient with blender the fast and better you will get with making and using it as with anything in life.

To McFuzz thats great sounds like I am in the right place to learn Blender …Can’t wait to see what you have made!!! I have not taken a course yet but i will start getting my stuff in soon. :grin:

1 Like

My attempt to make a cactus :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Nice spikes on the cactus! @DrBane!

Thanks for the info and encouragement, Mc Fuzz. Not sure I am that much of an artist, but I am enjoying creating things with Blender so far.

Thanks for the encouragement! I been enjoying Blender more not that I understand it. Will see what I can do in the near future for the Weekly.

And ta daa! It is done. It was 80% finished when the topic was picked, so I’m riding the coat-tails of coincidence on this one!

Hope you guys like it!

18 Likes

looking cute! :smiley:

WOW!! @McFuzz

Nice McFuzz I like the layer look Great Idea

My Final Entry for this week! :smiley:
I combined my Mayan pyramid with my desert scene.

4 Likes

My week 8 submission based on “Return of the Mummy.”

11 Likes

It’s simple because\\

1. I really didn’t know what to put in that scene other than sand
  2. like 1 :sweat_smile:

i thought of why not to model a palm tree but i have no idea how to make it fit in the scene (not low poly for example)

ps. Awesome scene @McFuzz

And Nice Work Everyone! :smile:

7 Likes

Hey guys! Just an update; The Monthly Project thread is now live!

To push hard and challenge yourself, this is a much larger project than our weekly little gallery. Head over there to find out the details.

But to recap, the weekly thread will not be stopping; this is to be run alongside it. Hope to have see you guys there!

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms