Welcome Everyone!

Hello,

I am Manik and I am working on a 3-D modeling project where we have to provide a gaming experience to a lab. So a person can walk around in the 3-D modeled lab and do various things. Really excited to learn about the 3-D modeling.

I drift from project to project, but recently i’ve been focusing on a post apocalyptic fantasy zombie survival game…or at least that’s the basics of the idea.(as the whole thing would overload the forum lol) (big idea(s) little ability to implement)
So far i have a default sprite that can walk in a circle in a endless(not) field of grass.
(aka. unreal basic 3d template. lol)

So I’ve picked up this course as well as the code physics course (as i want to include funky gravity and other effects) and the C++ unreal course as that’s the tool i enjoy using(love the graphic coding interface). I tried Unity a while back but I didn’t take to it.

What are you planning on working on? (if you don’t mind me asking :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Hello!
My name is Bruce. I am a web developer by trade but I know a bit about 3D using Maya. However, I have no idea how to use Blender and I can’t wait to learn the ins and outs of it and start doing 3D work on the side, even if it is for my own personal projects.

I’m working on a couple small projects I’m trying to work on a horror game for example but I have an idea for one big project an MMORPG

I plan to start a game design business I’m working on a couple details but it’s my dream so I won’t stop working for it

Tell me more about this ‘‘Fantasy Zombie Survival Game’’ i am interested in it and I’m wondering if you need help.

If you’re interested you can contact me at

zachary.thomas.tyo@gmail.com
or
https://twitter.com/ZacharyTyo

Description

Full Name: Zachary Thomas Tyo but you can call me Zachary Tyo
e-Mail: zachary.thomas.tyo@gmail.com
Twitter: @ZacharyTyo // https://twitter.com/ZacharyTyo
YouTube: Zachary Tyo // https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE7Id9aVZgeLgBCuYDY0-Kg

I’d appreciate any help that can be offered. I’ll send you an email with more game details.

Zero experience with 3D Modelling? You’re in the right place! I myself had absolutely no experience with 3D modelling when I started this course this time last year. We all had similar beginnings; my only creative spark and playing with modelling was in videogames until this course.

If you’d ever like to see, or participate in, the fruits of this course, feel free to pop over to our weekly Blender challenge where we pick a topic and make a model or scene about it. There is no minimum skill level required so jump in whenever you’d like some practice between the sections. You can find that over here The Blender Collab; Weekly Themed Gallery (Week 8)

I wish I had the kind of visualization you have, but I’m trying to work on it! Can’t wait to see what you can do, I bet you’ll impress all of us.

2 Likes

Hello, all! ADrunkenPyrate here, but you can call me Adam.

My aspirations and goals with this course are to learn how to make 3D model assets for a game idea I’ve had a for a while now that started out as a board game idea, but I feel would do much better on a digital market. I’m also hoping to be able to acquire new trade skills that will help me earn an income as I am disabled and forced to work from home.

I am a complete beginner in the world of 3D modelling and coding, so I look forward to learning with all of those that are the same skill level as myself.

Ahh, nice! Your post helps me feel like I came to the right place. :grinning: One thing that really helped me get better as a musician was this reddit group called Song A Week where they post music challenges with themes.

1 Like

Well you’ll fit right in! You’ll be amazed how quickly you can get started.

Second of all, if you haven’t already, you should definitely check out SketchFab at some point. It’s widely used by most people here as it allows a full 360 degree view of models and is a great form of inspiration and general model-gawking.

You can find that here https://sketchfab.com/ There are definitely some industry professionals posting up there too! Push hard, @SoundGoddess and you can do it!

1 Like

Never heard of it before but I signed up!

1 Like

Hello, my name is Daniel.

I’m from Mexico, learn to design 2D/3D models will help me to work into video games development.

Hello my name is Jose and I am more a hobbyist and started learning Blender a few years back and know my way around some but still lack some confidence and skills to go further in displaying what I make and create so that is part of the reason I am taking this course. Looking forward to adding to my knowledge base

Hello, my name is Terri and I am interested in learning more about Blender. I am happy to be here.

Hello, my name is Sam and I’m taking this course to learn more about the process involved with making assets for Video Games and so that I can learn the tools and how to make better looking models.

Hi Peter, nice to hear that you have some blender experience… as for myself I took a look at d modeling class in college over 3ds max… niw i am trying to learm blender. Do well. Laters. Julio

@Rafael_Doria . freedom is a great word when connenected to art… i really look forward to your work… bye

@Victoralm Hi I am Julio, I live in the USA… I am looking to get into the video game design field as well… I was wondering what your influences are.

1 Like

Hi Julio !!
I think that I’m not too much influenced by a person itself, but by the mechanics that some teams already made.
I can’t talk about it without think in some comparative between TES IV Oblivion and TES V Skyrim (that I’m totaly addicted) mechanics improvements. But, as I realy appreciate strategy games too, titles like the Civilization and XCOM franchises has some simple mechanics that is good to play. A interesting approach, imo, was made by M&B Warband, that looks like a mix between strategy and first person. I like that mechanics a lot too.

I’m member of EpicGames on GitHub. Until now, I know more about build the engine on Ubuntu that uses it. But I realy want to get there !!

(Sorry: I know, my english isn’t a great thing. And I’m crazy enough to be in the mood to start a japanese course in the next year. Shall see… :stuck_out_tongue: )

Hello everyone! I’m Gaea’s Freikugel, i’m 25 years old, studied in IT for 7 years and graduated from Sheffield Hallam University with a BSc Honors in Multimedia and Interactive Technologies, i’m wanting to learn the skills for game development and many other things as I have so many ideas but execution has been frustrating as I don’t have the skills yet to put bring them to life.

I’m hoping through this course, other Udemy courses and more to reach a level where I am confident with development, drawing/modeling/animation, programming and even sound design/music composition! (A lot to learn and i’m ready for the challenge.)

I’m also trying streaming every now and again over at http://twitch.tv/gaeas_freikugel as a hobby along side my learning and job.

I hope we can get along and I wish you all the best in reaching your goals!

Hi everyone, GreedOfGram here.

My goals with this course are to find a proper medium that I can really enjoy. Over the years I have enjoyed games, movies and shows made in different styles and mediums and want to create something myself in the future. The last couple of years I have been thinking of ideas for video games but need to take steps into realizing it. I understand that it will probably take yeas to achieve the level of skill I desire, so I will be trying to create and improve as an artist should.

I’m not so much into creating art for the sake of money, but to create something that people will truly love. Honestly, how would you feel if you saw someone dressing up as one of the characters you create.

Privacy & Terms