The Blender Collab: Week 35 “The Knight in shining armor”

Love the creativity of this one, specifically with the “rough” gear he is using, like the button as a shield, or how he’s wearing regular clothes, something to fit even better with this feel is to replace the sword with a pencil or something. Overall, an amazing scene!

6 Likes

Nice textures!

2 Likes

Asked a 15-year old girl what would she draw for the theme. She said that the knight in shining armor would be a soul of Joan of Arc, flying out of her burned body to the light. Children think deeply nowadays…

3 Likes

Love the outfit and the colours.

1 Like

A cousin’s birthday came this past week so I decided to make a birthday present for him. We both have played Castle Crashers several times so I decided to do that, but then I realised I could use it for this week’s Blender Collab as well, so I decided to swap out my original submission with this one.

I think this one is better than said original, its a fun scene with nice models, lighting, etc. If I do say so myself, I also love Castle Crashers. The only thing I’m not super happy about are the hands, they aren’t great but they did fine for the scene so they aren’t bugging me too much, will probably tune them up later on.

12 Likes

I did not finish, but here is mine.

8 Likes

Awesome entries so far. I vote for a time extension, bc I would really love to see some of the finished works of the things we have seen a WIP so far! :slight_smile:

(Or just post your finished works later!)

2 Likes

Poll!
There’s only one rule: don’t vote for yourself!

Aside from that rule, you can choose the parameter to judge the entries, some possibilities:

• best embodies the theme
  • most colorful
  • funny
  • technically advanced
  • realistic

The poll ends on 2020-10-01T10:00:00Z

4 Likes

I loove the mouse from @Tanunen! The Shield, the cute clothes -> lovely!
Nonetheless, this week my vote goes to @Ethan_Martinez. The overall composition and postures just make me happy! :smiley:

@Mark_Jackson Your stylized sculpt, even without armor, looks great. I like the oversized ears and the slim body (compared to super muscular -> what you’d expect from a warrior). If you intend to finish it, please post it nonetheless. I’d love to see it! :slight_smile:

@Blest Same for you. I would love to see your finished work :slight_smile:

@Digitz That’s a good face -> it’s hard to get humans right!

6 Likes

It was fun for sure, the subsurface was key, and I gave up on trying to get the face stubble right. I still struggle with hair of any kind.

1 Like

Are both my submissions supposed to be in the poll? I wasn’t sure if that was allowed. If there is only one allowed, I want it to be my Castle Crashers submission.

My vote goes to @Tanunen, as I’ve said, its a very creative scene executed well. Great job everyone!

3 Likes

They are both cool! Do you want me to delete the other one? It is really good!

Well it depends on the rules, can you have two or more submissions for people to vote for?

Why not? We make the rules! Who is against it? OK, if I’ll delete second pictures, will the result of the poll be saved? - I don’t know. Anyway everybody have read which submission you consider the main one.

I’m a bit late now and I haven’t finished either but this was my progress up to now.
I’ve been so busy with work but that’s life!

Well done everyone who got theirs in!

16 Likes

Great work. Great sculpting. But where is the sword?

1 Like

I had no time left for the sword unfortunately. It’s a long way from being finished, I think it was a little over-ambitious for a week haha

6 Likes

Few details added:

10 Likes

Great detail, flying elephant bugs.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms