The Blender Collab: Week 31 “Aliens”

OMG, there’s aliens hovering outside, and they’re stealing the sheep!! :astonished:

3 Likes

Hahaha…the fate of mankind is at stake

Love it!! Especially the UFO taking the sheep. What’s the right one taking tough? Rocks?
Love the cute trees and farm house too! :smiley:

1 Like

I believe to fix your animation, have the last frame be 1 past your cut off. For example if your animation is 250 frames, set your last keyframe(s) at 251.

Also, changing your interpolation to linear, either by opening the graph editor and using the letter t, right clicking in the graph editor and choosing it under Interpolation Mode or by going to Edit > Preferences > Animation and setting it there. This will fix the way it looks like the animation looks like it’s moving more slowly at the beginning and end of the loop.

1 Like

Looks like the aliens are done with stealing cows!

3 Likes

It is trying to land on the grass. The white thing is actually rocket smoke coming out of its engine.

3 Likes

AHA! Now I see it. I couldn’t figure out what was happening the first time I saw it.

1 Like

Nice touch with the alien heads inside the spaceships! Almost missed them at first.

2 Likes

Aloha, comrades!

Decided to be simpler this week. Some metaballs with a little sculpting.

18 Likes

Enjoyed this topic this week.

16 Likes

Certainly enjoyed making this entry . It took a lot of effort . Happy to see it . It needs a lot of work , but i am posting anyway in case its done late .

HOw do i remove the artifact near the moon ??
Here is the final result . DO i need to tweak something ??

12 Likes

I don’t know why, but the waiter is giving me the vibe that he’s about to force those aliens out of his restaurant.

5 Likes

Hi everyone! this my first collaboration in a challenge! i hope you like it, i tried something different of my style, so is my first time modelling something in high poly, but is a good oportunity to test my new knowledge after the course.

so i started with a different idea, more like a machine, but then look good to put the alien and make something more organic, so i mixed them, and well my friend call it a bartender alien…

16 Likes

Hey, welcome! And nice entry!! I love the composition and colors! :smiley:

@Sahil_Nain
Nice render! :smiley:
I think the problem is, that you haven’t enough “Sampling” in Cycles. So the Denoiser doesn’t have enough information for a nice picture, hence the artefact. Maybe if you increase the Sampling, it works better. But I’m not sure. :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Well i can clearly say that the first experiment with the sculpt tool good have gone better :grimacing: Nonetheless, Release the kraken !!

16 Likes

Will try that.

I’m loving these imaginative alien designs you guys have made!

@Digitz It’s at the same time cute (the eye, the hair) and gross (the tentacle… mouth?). Also gives me kind of a bondage vibe with the mouth strap thing. Bizarre. I like it! Definitely very “alien” in the sense that it is other/strange.

@Ducaluk space squid! It’s really cool. The skin seems a little plasticy. Maybe could add some subsuface scattering?

@Sahil_Nain Welcome back! Love the alien. It’s like an alien giraffe.

@Flavio_Paniconi It’s a great challenge debut! I like the DOF and the texture on the skin of the alien. Is he working on an assembly line?

:rofl: I can see that too! “I’m sorry but this area is reservation only.” @Leon_V I like how you did the buildings in the background, nice variation.

@Blest It’s good to mix up methods and styles. Another nice scene!

Great stuff.

5 Likes

hey tyger2 thx man!!! i work a lot in that skin, was a torture hahaha
i dont know what is exactly assembly line (sorry my english is not the best) but its all build it in the same scene, some objects are modeling in a extra scene but just to simplified the view

1 Like

No worries! We’re from many different countries here, so it’s just lucky for some of us we’re speaking our native language.

An assembly line is a way of making things like in a factory. I saw the conveyor belt in your scene, and it looks like that. DOF is “depth of field”, where the things in the extreme background and foreground are blurry.

Its a good image, but its hard to focous my eyes on one object. Planet is awesome.

Privacy & Terms