The Blender Collab: Week 29 "What's your favorite movie?" (Closed)

This is the Blender collaboration challenge, week 29. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, to have fun, to learn and get together.

Curious? Check out:

Rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.

You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome. Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject!

This week’s topic is “What’s your favorite movie?”

• Make a scene/character/item from your favorite movie
  • Don’t tell us what it is. We can try to guess!

Deadline is 2020-08-05T10:00:00Z

12 Likes

This theme should be a fun one, just one problem… I don’t have a favorite movie :sweat_smile:. Atleast, I don’t have just one, I like several movies so it’s gonna be a challenge to pick from them all.

6 Likes

Maybe you can make a mashup? That would be pretty cool.

5 Likes

Great idea! Will probably do that.

3 Likes

I’m excited to try and guess what everyone’s movie is!!
This should be fun!

1 Like

I think the only challenge here is going to be getting it done in only 7 days :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yes it is! But remember you can make it as simple or as complicated as you like. One thing these challenges have helped me learn is how much I can get done in a week.

4 Likes

This may be the perfect opportunity to go bigger, usually my submissions are done in a few hours in one day, but possibly with this mashup idea, I could expand that into a longer length project, which should be an interesting thing to do since I’ve never done one in these collabs.

3 Likes

It’s a good idea! It also helps avoid having to choose just one movie, which is the step I’m stuck on, since I also don’t have a clear cut favorite. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

2 Likes

That’s ironic since you suggested the theme :slight_smile: in my case, I can’t think of any favourite movie(s), but I got a pretty neat idea of what I can make. I can’t wait to finish and post it here.

3 Likes

Congratz to last week @Tyger2. And awesome idea! Really hard to choose which movie(s) to use!! My mind is already filled up with so many ideas!!

3 Likes

Thanks! Looking forward to what you come up with!

2 Likes

Joo Dee says there is no movie in Ba Sing Se. She must be right.

Sorry if I broke the rules a bit, but I hope you’ll appreciate my project.

10 Likes

Cool, nice cartoony look!
And clever integrated with the environment.
Although I am not quite unfamiliar with asian movies (mostly martial arts movies) I have to admit that I do not know which one it might be… first thought was disney’s Mulan, but I don’t think this is it. :thinking:

2 Likes

Guess the movie ??

HInt - Its a type of sake . (i dont refer to name of movie )
Will also try to make something else during the week .

15 Likes

How did we both pick something related to asian culture? :joy: Nice design by the way! I can’t tell what movie it’s from, though.

How did you make the string and the knot? When I zoom in it looks so detailed!

1 Like

1 Like

Bravo! :tada:

With this post i sent my entry :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Not sure… but I’m gonna say Kimi no Na wa, I can’t think of another movie where sake takes an important role.

@Ducaluk Kinda hard, but I’ll say Alien.

3 Likes

Privacy & Terms