The Blender Collab: Week 28 “Will you go to the Ball?”

This is the Blender collaboration week 28 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, to have fun, to learn and get together.

Rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.

You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject.

Deadline is 2020-07-27T09:59:00Z

This week’s subject: "Will you go to the Ball? - What you (or Cinderella) need to get to the Ball"

LIMITATIONS! No black and white! (You can use shades, cream or dark.)

9 Likes

Well obviously, Cinderella simply needs a grappling hook!

Got inspired by several movies when the spies or secret agents would use gadgets and things to get into formal events, was also gonna make a scuba diving suit but decided not to.

16 Likes

For Cinderella, Ball is Life. So she’s going to need some glass sneakers.

Here’s my scene blocked out:

Progress tracking thread

6 Likes

What’s the sphere for?

1 Like

Its going to be a basketball. You can see more details in the progress thread I linked.

2 Likes

14 Likes

If she gets close to her prince, she for sure needs to use her mask and clean her hands with soap :laughing:

20 Likes

If Cinderella wants to get to the ball, she certainly needs to switch those rags for a beautiful ball gown. They wouldn’t let her in otherwise! She’ll take the glass slippers too just to show off in front of her prince.

13 Likes

Cinderella needs to be ready for her mother’s pea challenge.
Fortunately, she bought this pick and place robot on the market.

12 Likes

glitter…glitter…sparkle…sparkle

19 Likes

Purrrrrrrrrrty! :grinning:

2 Likes

Thank you!!! :sparkles:

Psst, hey! You are heading to the ball, right? But I see no mask, didn’t you know it would be a ball masquerade? What a pity!.. You know what? I’m something of a good fairy myself. Here I have a few spare - you can take one. It’s a gift…

16 Likes

just wondering, about your choice to leave the clothes on the rack as Shade Flat instead of Shade Smooth, would they look good in Shade Smooth, or do you prefer the Shade Flat clothing, & why, bc then only the gown is Shade Smooth, right? Anyways, really nice work!

1 Like

I’d like to see this animated!

2 Likes

pretty tiara, it does sparkle truly!

2 Likes

I actually tried to apply smooth shading on the background clothing and for some reason it didn’t seem to take effect (too low poly maybe?) But then I realised that it’s actually better to apply smooth shading just for the ball gown because it’s the central object jn the scene and it’s supposed to be special. I guess it just happened the right way. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Your diamonds are not really the right shape. Did you know the built in add on, ‘Add Mesh: Extra Objects’ has a ready made cut diamond preset? Both modern brilliant cut and a basic older style they call ‘gem’. Adjustable girdle, facets, table etc. via the usual panel from adding a shape. Plus they need claws, settings, something that holds them in!

2 Likes

Thank you! That was my goal :star2:

I didn’t know any of that. I am still extremely new to blender and I’m just kind of fumbling my way though building things on my own. I’m trying to get past just pushing objects together. But this was a challenge for me just to get the tiny diamonds around the bigger gems with out everything looking all wonky. I am trying though. Thank you for your feedback.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms