Choosing the right dress for the ball

I’m thinking of opening a thread to keep track of my progress with my project for this week’s challenge (my first attempt at participating). I’m aiming for something quite literal: a ball dress in a clothes shop.

Here’s the idea:

I hope I’ll manage it.

8 Likes

I started with the central piece: the dress

I might add to it some more, but next up is the stuff in the background. We’ll see how this goes. Any suggestions are greatly welcome.

5 Likes

4 Likes

That’s a funny idea :slight_smile: I’ve never done people before so unless I find myself with a whole lot of extra time, I think I’ll skip adding them to my scene. Good luck to you, though!

1 Like

It’s amazing what you can get out of a single cube.
I tried making the first dress for the background. I wanted to keep it a simple design, but the next ones should be a little more special.

I’m having some trouble with making it fall nicely on the hanger. To me, it doesn’t look natural, so I tried adding some physics to see if that helps (collision on both items and cloth for the dress). When I play the animation, though, the dress just goes crazy and tears itself up. If anyone knows how to fix that, please help.
… or maybe I should just leave it at that?

2 Likes

Here are 5 dresses that I’ll soon put on the rack. I have yet to see about the colours and whether I’ll make more designs than these 5. Any suggestions are welcome.

4 Likes

I think the easiest solution is to change the hanger to something straighter.

The slippers are now ready to wear. Cheers to @Tyger2 for explaining how to make glass material.

Next up are some more details for the scene’s background, namely trousers and skirts. Doing good progress.

5 Likes

I changed my mind and did some quick shirts.

Moving on to the trousers and skirts now.

3 Likes

Finally the trousers and skirts! These were probably the easiest to make. They’re not spectacular, but they’ll do nicely for background assets.

1 Like

For whoever wants to see the final outcome of this project, check the thread linked below.
Don’t forget to vote for your favourite at the end of the week. There are lots of other creative ideas in there, so be sure to check all of them.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms