The Blender Collab: Week 23 Themed Gallery (“Childhood Games”)

Here’s the current state of my LP Mega Man.

I’m not really sure where to go with it next. My instinct is to add detail, but I’m trying to do it low poly this time, so I don’t know. Any suggestions?

11 Likes

@Tyger2
As jaco_pretorius guessed, germany. :joy:
Nice progress on your Megaman btw. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Love this idea!

2 Likes

By the way, to avoid confusion, this isn’t my submission :grin:

1 Like

About one day left. How are you guys’ projects coming along?

1 Like

may have bitten off more than I can chew. :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

It’s a really cool idea though. Can always finish it later if you don’t have time.

1 Like

Thanks… I think I’ll have something to submit… just need to cut back expectations - was hoping for a camera-sweep with the Stranger-Things effect but will most likely have to settle for 2 stills. :cry:

3 Likes

probably can’t finish all, but thenn i’ll upload the wip ^^

Have barely started :rofl: have had a busy week but I may be able to finish it today.

1 Like

K, here is my entry… it’s a septage… :man_shrugging:

Don’t really have more time to work on it so looking forward to everyone else’s entries.

12 Likes

My submission is the boss fight in Mario Vs Donkey Miniland Mayhem, a game I played a long long time ago on the DS, not sure if anyone has heard of it :sweat_smile:
The reference: image
And the recreation:

had quite a bit of fun recreating this however I’m not sure about my recreation of the characters, but I think the camera is far enough away for it to look good :laughing:

8 Likes

Here is my entry for the challenge: a classic Lego minifigure

As a form of self-challenge, except for the hair I built every shape with simple mesh and applying various boolean modifiers to cut them as needed

8 Likes

I really love this story visualized. In the beginning, I didn’t understand your idea and concept very well. But now I’ve seen the end result, it’s an impressive project. For me a good example of “Childhood Games”.
Imaginative, good distinct color schemas, even a difference in lighting. Which creates a different atmosphere. The Low poly is good ‘readable’, understanding, visualizing what it is.
I feel the need, as in a next project, to transfer it as a video clip.

I give it :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

5 Likes

Here’s where I’m going to stop. Low poly was fun but challenging. It almost seems like an entirely different discipline, which in order to do right, I would need to dive into more deeply.

I picked midnight my local time to be the deadline, which was silly, because I won’t be awake. So I’ll extend the deadline to 2020-06-18T00:00:00Z, when I’ll be awake to start the poll, so if anybody’s scrambling to finish, you have a few more hours.

7 Likes

I think you totally nailed it! Pretty impressive!

2 Likes

I thought I would miss the deadline but i see it was just postponed! NICE! I’m almost finishing mine =)

1 Like

Hide-And-Seek

17 Likes

Love the story it tells. Good as always!

3 Likes

Great recreation, especially the hair, I myself have played, and still do, with Lego a bunch :smile:

3 Likes

Privacy & Terms