The Blender Collab: Week 23 Themed Gallery (“Childhood Games”)

Every time it’s so difficult to choose.

4 Likes

Thank you! I didn’t use bones, my next course lecture will be “Introduction on Armature”. But I think, that everything, that simplifies work, is good, isn’t it?

2 Likes

Thank you! Nice low-poly race car… ready to use as a game asset :sunglasses:

Well done everyone! :clap:

@Blest’s composition is on point… impressive that was done without armatures. Learning about armatures will most likely be frustrating - warning… single-loop elbow and knee joints will get heavily deformed… so at first you’ll probably find it doesn’t simplify things, but I hope you persevere and you manage to build on that elegant style.

@albesca’s Lego dude is a great replication.

@FedPete I think should get the “less is more” prize considering how much nostalgia he made me feel with just one cube and some array modifiers. Well done!

@Manu_Scheller’s Shiggy even as a WIP is impressive - can’t wait to see the final version, I’m sure it will be worth the wait

6 Likes

Thanks, I passed my collection of loose bricks and figures to my son, but I do have a few “grown up” sets and still love playing with him building strange vehicles for his city

4 Likes

@Jaco_Pretorius thank you :slight_smile: :pray:t2:
I will show you the final version then :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Definitely was hard to choose again. Great work everyone! And thanks for the nostalgia haha

1 Like

11 Likes

The poll has closed and the results are in. @Jaco_Pretorius is this week’s winner! You get to pick the new topic and make the next thread.

Nice job once again, everyone!

4 Likes

Erm… yay?

Cool, I’ll get on it.

EDIT: New collab is over here.

Nice subtle textures.

1 Like

Yeah man looking really good! How’d you do your textures?

1 Like

@Jaco_Pretorius, @Tyger2

Thanks guys :grin:
I made the textures with substance painter, it’s really worth it :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Wanted to put this here just to make sure you all saw it:

I started a New Team Project which is separate from this challenge. All are welcome! Hope you guys can join in!

2 Likes

This Squirtle is pretty scary!
Great job! it looks soo good, something straight out of detective pikachu!

If you are okay with sharing him, I would love to try to rig/animate him including blend shapes for mouth .
Specifically, I’d like to import him into VrChat haha.

1 Like

10 Likes

Thanks so much!

1 Like

Did you bake shadow also?
because the light in SketchFab has a fixed position. When you look for the highlights.
But the shadow of the hand isn’t.

1 Like

I didn’t bake the shadows, but i used a stylized lighting filter in substance, probably that’s causing the effect you mentioned. :thinking:

great work! I like it a lot!

1 Like

@KStarr
Thanks mate :grin::+1:t2:

Privacy & Terms