The Blender Collab: Week 21 Themed Gallery (“Perfect Garden”)

Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, to have fun, to learn and get together.

Rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.

You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject . It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome! Post your picture here in this thread.

This week’s topic is what is vital for the “Perfect Garden”!

• The deadline is 2020-05-29T13:00:00Z

Last week challenge

Hall of Fame

6 Likes

18 Likes

lol, so fast… as usual :slight_smile: @FedPete, do you set yourself a time constraint (like 20 minutes) or something like that?

5 Likes

I’m amazed how he built a scene in less than an hour, I’d love to see a recording of the whole process

3 Likes

To be honest, not because I want to be first.
But to do something in 30 minutes.
I have no goal to win. But to remember things.

I start with a sphere, scale it flat. Make copy to use it on the array modifier. (array around a middle ax). Which is tricky for me because I always forget how to do it. That’s the flower, add a stam. Duplicate many times, rotation and scale. Pick and copy the flower object. Rotate and color it as a stone.
Create a bird , duplicate .
The color is just the view port color (no textures) and the edge line, is just a blender view port shading option called ‘Cavity’. No render just a screen snapshot. No light no camera.

have fun!

5 Likes

Nice and simple, the cavity looks quite nice.

2 Likes

Also, it’s week 21 :wink:

2 Likes

FANTASTIC! Now I have to tell you why I am loving this scene. I work in other 3D software, and actually am a Community Volunteer/Moderator, and beta tester at a fairly popular 3D graphics site, and two of the more popular vendors on the site, are two of my favorites.

One of them, one of the owners of the site, has been doing flowers, trees and such of every kind you can think of, and then some, for many years, and the other, is a Birder (someone very interested in birds in R/L) who has created some of the most beautiful birds, some of them exotic, over many years, and I love creating scenes with their products.

Soooo, thank you sir for putting a smile on my face. :grin:

4 Likes

I don’t reply, in words, to many feedback posts. But now, thank you!
It’s strange that you can work on a project for weeks and nearly no responds.
And a Quick And Dirty 30 minute job, makes people smile.
Thank You @Miss_B

5 Likes

cute scene!

1 Like

Simple things make everything easier to understand and enjoy, I learned this during highschool, I was part of a poem/writing study group, others always did super fancy things, so metaphorical and amazing while I was writing absurdly basic stuff, things a kid could understand.

Once I showed some of the work the entire group did to my other group of friends, I didn’t tell them who wrote what, the moment I asked which poem they liked the most they pick mine, I won unanimously, I was shocked, I thought my work was thrash, so I asked them, Why? And they said, because we actually can understand what this is saying.

A simple composition like the one you did or like the one Blest did last week, are the kind of things that make people’s heart melt, because you understand what’s behind it, a simple story perhaps, or just someone having fun instead of being incredibly neurotic about making everything as perfect as possible.

7 Likes

Another low poly scene from me:

Fun fact: All those cacti are the same model but just resized and rotated.

11 Likes

Apple Tree. An iconic feature of the Perfect Garden from the time of Adam and Eve. Added a chair for someone genius.

16 Likes

Garden of Eden is the first thing I thought when you picked the theme, here’s my work in progress:

It took about four hours each to model, rig and pose the snake and the lion, so I hope I’ll be able to flesh out the scene as I planned in time and then maybe uv unwrap and texture the meshes

11 Likes

Why not make the lion and snake more prominent in the scene? They look pretty good, and since that’s what took the most time it would be nice to see them more up close. Just a suggestion.

2 Likes

They’re intended to be background characters (I searched a bit of artistic references, mostly Renaissance paintings), but if I won’t be able to model everything in time I’ll shuffle them around and change the composition to bring them closer

2 Likes

Check “Rule of Thirds”

1 Like

Kind of used @Ethan_Martinez style this time :smiley:

12 Likes

:rofl: Everybody is going to finish I see. All start with low poly. Great projects! But then the centre of attention will be good composition, lighting and layout.

Yeah, we’re kind of catching on the whole “you only have a week to finish” thing :smiley:

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms