Orc seamed parts colors

Hello,
I’m working on an orc from Blender Character Creator course. I’ve came across strange visual effect and I wonder if this is something important and needs to be fixed (somehow) or I can leave as it is and move on. I’ve got orc unwrapped and colors between unwrapped parts of orcs body are quite different.

1 Like

First thing to check is if the normals are the right way round.

I’ve checked normals and they are correct and there is no difference between mesh parts.

1 Like
  • Do you have multiple meshes (doubles?)
  • why is everything triangulated?
  • Which modifiers are you using?

I don’t have any doubles. There is no modifiers on object. It’s triangulated because that’s how it was in the tutorial.
More interesting is fact that my high poly model is not visible in UV Editing like it’s everywhere else but not in this tab.

1 Like

I did the Orc, and can not recall having triangulated faces.
The low poly version I did was using manual re-topology.

Also check your UV-map, the flattened faces can also be mirrored.
If I can remember correctly, a student had the same problem some days, weeks ago.

See also

1 Like

Well, that is one idea checked.
As FedPete suggests please search and read through the ask section, and look at the wikis.

It is odd it is defined by UV separated areas.

Check the normal node is set to Non colour data.
I guess it might be the UVs are flipped in some cases.?

General Q&A note
Help us all to help you.
Please give full screenshots with any questions. With the relevant panels open.
Also include the lecture time that is relevant to the problem/issue.
This can be done by Blender itself, via the ‘Window’ menu bar top left hand side.
On that menu drop down is ‘save screenshot’.
Close ups additionally where they help.

When I did the course a few weeks ago, the retopology method Grant uses does look very similar and is triangulated. Not sure how to fix the problem though. @SylviaF could you maybe share the blend file?

1 Like

? He doesn’t explain the tools to do it manually anymore?

1 Like

Check the correctness of the High poly too.

• Did you 'H’ide parts? on the high poly.
  • is high poly it active with the render, visibility icon.
  • smoothing is on off …
  • Use mainmenu > window > save screenshot. Because we need to see options, setup, configurations, etc.
1 Like

I believe he still covers doing it properly by hand but very much more pointed in several courses at auto quick and easy remesh. Which I assume gives the triangulated result. I understand commercial enterprises wanting quick good enough solutions, where time is money, but find it strange in others. Its like the courses using auto mirror rather than the modifier.

1 Like

I’ve figured it out. Indeed it was an issue with UV normal map. They were connected in nodes but they got somehow deleted. I went through tutorial again and got it works now.
High poly model was not visible because I had low poly model in an isolated mode - rookie mistake :slight_smile:

Thank you all for your kind responses.

3 Likes

Glad you’ve solved it.
It’s hard to tell for us, what’s going on a simple question.
Because so many things can go wrong. I’ve made the same mistakes, and even then I can’t remember all the problems. But after practicing more, you made less rookie mistakes, with more focus on the creative part.
Have fun, enjoy the course.

2 Likes

He spends a few minutes demonstrating the technique but goes with the auto re-meshed version for the remainder of the course. I don’t think it’s enough for someone who’s new to attempt a full body manual retopo without extra tutorials.

2 Likes

Yes it is a change in attitudes since 2.7 imo. The old course head modelling was made by adapting a sphere and building the loops etc of proper topology. The enhancement of sculpting in Blender has led to this different direction, possibly for its ease in some respects of not doing the topology. Just jump in and squige shapes about. I am playing with a dragon myself currently, I modelled it, now taken the good topology to multires to sculpt. Have to see how the route works out!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms