Discussing the remaster

No, I had no idea Mike wasn’t doing the updates any longer. Has he totally left the team, or is it just the updates for this class he’s no longer involved with?

I hope it’s not because of any health issues.

Totally left the team it seems. Others are going to update the course. They are all not saying why, but no suggestion of health issues.

Well, I happen to like Mike’s method of teaching so I will miss it, but I’m going to keep my fingers crossed that his health is at 100%.

3 Likes

The future of Blender releases has been announced.

The key thing will be LTS, Long Term Support. A version in that number that will be maintained for two years. Allowing the next version to ‘break’ it when making changes. This is most key to commercial studios, working on long term projects, so they need to stick to one version for its duration. Therefore need it fixed if there is a bug or problem, apparently.

Feb 2020 --------- 2.82
May 2020----------2.83------LTS 2 years support
Aug 2020----------2.90
Nov 2020--------- 2.91
Feb 2021----------2.92
May 2021---------2.93-------LTS 2 years support

This pattern to be repeated annually.

I mention this here, as I suspect this will also be useful for courses such as this. Which can then be based on the LTS versions, so things do not change a bit with every update. In May the release will be a LTS version and updated lectures could be correct for that version. Leaving a year before the next one that might need minor corrections in some lectures, or major overhauls in some sections. A more stable basis to work to.

3 Likes

Hey guys just to clarify on this as its been a while.

Mikey’s health is fine, The decision was made as a team for Mikey to take a break.

I have been creating patches for the earlier course issues but this has been delayed by that i am in 14 day isolation and looking like we are infected.

We are still working on this and we are still going to be producing you some great content and we hope to get it going again soon.

Does anyone here use blender 2.82 software with this interface? It’s much different than what the instructor is using :laughing:

get well soon broo, we’re all are in Isolation…stay healthy, eat healthy foods, drink more Vitamin C, Exercise daily if not ill, and sleep more… Fever doesn’t mean that you’re infected by covid-19, I recently got fever for 2 days but because I drink hot tea and vit C other than prescription that the doctor gave, then finally cured…so the point is that in order not to get infected is by keep our high immune system (from maintaining good health) and never touch nose, eyes, and mouth after touching public place :wink:

1 Like

2.8 has has some changes as it settled in. The next iteration should be a long term maintained one. Which will make tutorials more consistent knowing that version will stay the same and less need to keep up with minor updates.

2 Likes

Any news on section 6 (game asset 2.8)? Will it be followed by another teacher? Or will it be completed by Mike in the future ??

It is being continued by Rick. He did the head sculpting last new one.
Mikey has moved on.

I suspect the next one will come after the Long term maintained version release come out.

That was to have been in May.
But has been put back to early June by a fortnight’s concentrated bug squashing.
So my guess would be not long now before the course gets more updates.

when the updation of blender, is the old course removed or how to get it?

You can check the old version of the complete course (2.79) by clicking on the link

here or on the lesson 201 - Coupon for original content…

thanks bro

How long now for the Fluffy Bunny 2.8 update on Udemy?

I would have expected COVID-19 might have allowed some time to catch up on this course, but there hasn’t been an update in ages.

Any timeline for release of the 2.8 updates?

1 Like

Hi, any update on this? Blender 2.9 just came out

Hi,

I noticed that the last lecture from Mikey was uploaded January-February time; is he alright, I noticed in the comments his health isn’t too good but I hope he comes back; COVID has really taken people aback physically and mentally. Please keep up the good work, I’m really enjoying the course.

Kind Regards,

Joseph

Hello - I’ve been looking for course material on UV wrapping but can’t seem to find any. Is that coming?

Section 9 Fluffy Bunny 243.
Does the basic introduction at least. It is in 2.79 but the principles are the same. In 2.8+ there are seperate tabs all set up with windows for UV unwrapping, and ‘Shading’ which is where the node editor is now hidden.

Mikey is fine just working for a different set up now no longer with GameDev.

Rick did an update if somewhat out of line with a strict replacement of a section, Furry Head.

I believe I saw somewhere recently Grant Abbit is working on the next updating of a section.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms