Discussing the remaster

block-model

Got a question about the remaster of the Blender course to 2.8? Let’s all snuggle into this cosy topic.

After Section 2 (the current end of the 2.8 content) it seems to start over with the previous version. I was looking through the topics to find the best continuation point but they seem to be a mix of features already taught and new stuff. What is the best place to begin watching again?

@Michael_Bridges will be able to advise on this, and I’m sure @irresistiblejelly will have an opinion too.

I’ve moved to #blender:ask for you.

Thanks Ben,

Hi Dan_W,

The way that the remaster is happening means that the newer sections come in at the start of the course.
This means that the older sections get pushed down a level so when the new section 1 came in the old section 1 came after it in order. Likewise when section 2 was released it pushed the older section 1 down to section 3 position. So to clarify you have section 1 and 2 of 2.8 and then the old section 1 and 2 of 2.7x and then section 3 of the older content.

The best bet if you wanted to follow along in 2.8 with the 2.79 content as Mikey suggested is to skip the first section you encounter in 2.7x and maybe follow the second section using the skip buttons if the content is repeated or watch on *2 speed.

Its always worth watching the older content though as the general teaching is the same but the UI is different and i am in the Q&A on Udemy and here in the Ask section on support runs if you get any issues.

If i get stuck then we both shout for Mikey :wink:

automatically bumped #5

automatically bumped #6

automatically bumped #7

I like watching the old vids at 1,5 - 2 speed, it is good to learn something after a few weeks again, there is always something that I have forgotten, even small details. I like to be used to Blender in a comfortable way with a efficient workflow.

The new vids about 2.8 are a little bit to fast. I don´t like timelapses very much in an explainer video … But I love the background music. If I was new to Blender I couldn´t follow the course with the new fast pace. I ´m glad, that I have started with 2.79.

automatically bumped #9

automatically bumped #10

automatically bumped #11

automatically bumped #12

automatically bumped #13

automatically bumped #14

automatically bumped #15

@Michael_Bridges note feedback about pacing

automatically bumped #17

automatically bumped #18

automatically bumped #19

automatically bumped #20