Blender Collab: Week 41 “Stylized”

This is the Blender collaboration week 41 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, to have fun, to learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Stylized” , To design in or cause to conform to a particular, as of representation or treatment in art; conventionalize.

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.

You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject.

Deadline: 2020-11-22T17:00:00Z

5 Likes

Pin this one, unpin old one?

2 Likes

I may need some examples to know what I would be doing for this week.

@Digitz, can you show some examples?

1 Like

My entry for “Yellow” is a good example of something that is stylized (depicted or treated in a mannered and nonrealistic style.)

The basics of it is taking something that is real and making it in a way that is “non-realistic”, be that cartoony, low poly, hand painted, etc.

3 Likes

You could also google Stylized, and curiously, a lot of 3D art comes up.

1 Like

“Non-realistic” in a sense like its “set up” for a render almost. At least thats what it looks like in your example, you took several objects and put them in front of a camera, they aren’t where they would normally be. Something like that? Not sure if I’m making any sense, or interpreting it right :sweat_smile:

Edit: I’m looking at pictures of stylized models and yeah I think I was wrong with my guess. But now, with said pictures and your description of what it is, I think I get what it is. Thanks for your help guys.

1 Like

It’s more like the leaves I made are based on a real object, but are modeled in a non-realistic style.

1 Like

Check out this channel for inspiration (Also links to a lot of other NPR artists and tutorials…):

… I like the studio Ghibli stuff.
3 Likes

Here is my submission. A low poly room with some fancy colours and furnitures. Hope you enjoy this.

15 Likes

I really like the vibrant color palette for this. Especially the wallpaper behind the bed and desk.

1 Like

Quite like this one despite its rather simple nature. Decided to add in that holographic effect because… I don’t really know, but looks quite good if I do say so myself.

13 Likes

See, you do know what stylized is.

2 Likes

Too bad the fisherman isn’t there. Could have got a big one.

14 Likes

Really like that ripple effect you added there. Nice submission!

1 Like

Thanks. I mixed a wave texture set to rings and a noise texture then a color ramp to roughness and through a bump to normal on a principled BSDF shader. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My Submission. Gulliver`s attack… :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

Gulliver really takes me back to my childhood.

1 Like

Retro dream sequence.

10 Likes

Privacy & Terms