Blender Collab: Week 40 “Architecture”

This is the Blender collaboration week 40 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, to have fun, to learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “ Architecture ”, the complex or carefully designed structure of something.

Some ideas to help you on your way; aqueducts, building, waterways, bridges, streets with people, towers, cities and Godzilla …

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.

You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject.

Deadline: 2020-11-14T10:00:00Z

9 Likes

Why did you have to say Godzilla? Now that’s the only thing I can think of :rofl:

5 Likes

Because all participants have different needs to express themselves.
But architecture is the main thread.

1 Like

Nice. I’m trying to practice this and have been including it in all other topics for the last few months. This saves me a lot of trouble.

2 Likes

Ooh I like the pin :pushpin:. Good call @FedPete! More people can see it and join in.

2 Likes

The only issue I have is that every time I open the thread, it unpins, and I have to pin it again manually each time. Does anyone else get this? Is there any way around it?

2 Likes

I’m new to this pinning option. And I did activate this option. GameDev made me a moderator.
I will look into this, but I belief it is the normal forum software behaviour.

5 Likes

Yeah, same. It would be cool if it stayed pinned. But at least more people will see and know about it.

3 Likes

It stays pinned for me, but I clicked the pin icon after finding the topic in the full “Show” list. It unpins from any of the options, but the only pin option that stays is that one.

Yes, all the forums I’m active on use the Pinning option. That way if there’s a loooooong list of threads in any particular subforum, those that are Pinned are at the top. They do change places at times, depending on which has the most current time/date stamp, but they stay at the top. You’ll find it’s a very handy option.

I’m new to this section, thanks for letting me know about it, Pete!
Here is my architecture entry, this is an interior shot of my modular dungeon exercise, an ice dungeon, which I just finished.
Hope you guys like it. Cheers!

9 Likes

“You are the architect of your own destiny; you are the master of your own fate; you are behind the steering wheel of your life. There are no limitations to what you can do, have, or be. Except the limitations you place on yourself by your own thinking.” ~Brian Tracy

13 Likes

Great idea! Loving this.

1 Like

Here’s my super lazy entry! The lizard thing was supposed to be Godzilla, but I remembered that back when I was in high school there was an abandoned amusement park right beside the school I assisted to, they had this weird lizard thing, I think it was supposed to be a crocodile, it was also a slide, I took inspiration from that.

8 Likes

Love the red accents, and there’s even a green brick! I’m guessing from a yellow lighting on a blue brick? Or is it actually a green brick? Either way, nice color theory implementation.

Hey, Wes! That’s just a blue brick catching orange light from a torch. I noticed that it turned very green; it may even be a little distracting, but since its on the very border of the image, I left it that way. The observer’s eye won’t stay there for too long, I guess.
Thanks for the comment, dude!

1 Like

10 Likes

Really nice, I love the cozy feel this gives me. What I don’t really get is why are there two rows of fences?

1 Like

Do you mean the brick wall and the wooden fence?

Yeah exactly

1 Like

Privacy & Terms