Blender Collab: Week 39 “Halloween”

Classic! Reminds me of a VHS tape we used to have with this and the Garfield Halloween special. Spooky!

2 Likes

It’s time to decorate in case monsters and princesses come trick or treating, but first, better hide that cosmic horror in the wardrobe. No safer place to keep it obviously. Cause after all, we might want to show some tricks of our own, right? And just letting it wander around the house would ruin the effect.

You might need to up your brightness a little to catch all the details (or most details actually).
The images and textures are all from google searches except the webs that I got from here: https://www.creativeshrimp.com/how-to-make-a-spider-web-in-blender.html This is also where I found the tutorial on actually using that texture. Pretty awesome, really!
I’m looking forward to seeing what projects everyone else makes.

9 Likes

Here is a lighter version in case anyone has trouble seeing in the dark.

13 Likes

Trick or treat.

17 Likes

Just wanted to put an update, this required a lot of UV unwrapping which a lot of people hate, but I found a very weird way to approach this, create the texture first, then unwrap, don’t know if that’s a standard but it worked really nice here, specially with the pumpkins which I was afraid to unwrap because of previous nightmarish experiences with that kind of shape.

I still need to add textures to the ground, windows and door, also add a lot of detail and the protagonist of this little story, so I might not be able to finish this on time, but I’ll try.

This was stressing me out so I decided to finish this today :rofl: maybe I’ll add more detail later.

16 Likes

Skeleton Crew

The skull and hands were reused from a previous project, but I removed quite a few verts to make them as low-poly as the skeleton. The weapons are from my ongoing low poly weapons project. The skeleton, modeled and rigged, is new.

17 Likes

Resemblance Army of Darkness.
You have time, add more details?!

1 Like

Cool scene!

1 Like

Jason and the Argonauts too.

1 Like

The poses of the second one from the left, and the second one from the right, make me think of zombie skeletons. :wink:

2 Likes

Activate denoiser?

1 Like

I want to, but I’m too busy the next couple days. Maybe after the challenge I will go back and add more.

I was thinking about that. I should try it out at some point but didn’t mind a grainy halloween porch at night for this image.

1 Like

I might run out of time with this one. I actually sculpted and rigged a character, but the vertex groups for rigging took a very long time and are still not quite there, but it is useable.

My first challenge here. Tim Burton animations inspired me a little.

20 Likes

Wow!

Well, I got it done. Barely, but I go t it done. I’ll post an image of just my monster once it’s done rendering.

12 Likes

Very nicely done, welcome to the weekly challenge!

1 Like

Here’s the monster himself. I changed the clumping of the fur a bit and the hair color too. I that that gave it a bit more depth and personality.

11 Likes

Very nice indeed. :grin:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms