Blender 4 changes

One just seen elsewhere here.

6 Likes

Great idea.

Here is one more on key binds

4 Likes

rorsdors
Grant says to use ctrl click to select different bones in weight painting. I can’t get it to work in Blender 4, in the previous version no problem, in fact I tend to hold shift left click to move between the bones in 3.6. I can select the different bones in the vertex tab.
Have they changed the way to select different bones in weight painting in the newest incarnation of Blender?

Dwayne

Dwayne

1 Like

UV Unwrapping:

I think I just noticed one. Before, if I am not misremembering, if you selected multiple objects and selected the default Unwrap (I used Conformal mapping), all the islands would be scaled according to relative size (assuming of course you applied the scale transforms!). In 4.0, it appears not to be the case.

3 Likes

@Todd_Vance I don’t know I’ve only Unwrapped 1 object at a time, but They did update the unwrap to be more efficient compared to previous versions.

More stuff mentioned.

2 Likes

Texture slots in texture painting moved in Blender 4.

2 Likes

Snapping has been improved.

Press B over the point of your selected object you want to snap to the other thing.

2 Likes

Texture slots now here.

3 Likes

More about textures from the grant master

2 Likes

Project individual elements from the Snapping menu moved here Grab move menu, if you ever want it.

2 Likes

Shift + s is remove to for switch nodes type. It says a native implementation will be added in the future

3 Likes

Regarding that “native implementation”: There’s an ongoing design discussion about this function, which is tentatively being called the “Swap Node” operator.

1 Like

you-now-use-ctr-shift-left-click-to-select-bones-in-weight-paint

They updated it (ctrl left click isn’t working anymore), use ctrl shift left click for it now.

1 Like

To enable the normals lines on Bezier curves. there is a new submenu in 4.0 specific to each mode. In Edit Mode, look to the right of Viewport Overlays - there is a new menu ‘Curve Edit Mode Overlays’

2 Likes

Other help.

1 Like

Texture paint, colour sampling. Changed.

1 Like

Shift+X for the eyedropped/sample colour (was ‘S’), didn’t see it mentioned!

2 Likes

Nodes & smooth shading in 4.1

Set Shade Smooth works now.
Smooth by Angle as geometry node

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms