Be the first to post for 'Setup Visual Studio or XCode'!

Why can’t you? Can you not press that button with the 3 dots?

Had a long list of errors when installing. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but i still get these errors. Anyone can help with this?

The warnings suggest another version of Visual Studio is installed. Since they are warnings, the first few might be ok. The rest might be ok too: I don’t know of those components are needed for Unreal development.

Using Visual Studio Community 2015. Since I’m a late comer I installed update 3.

Hi,

When I try to install visual studio, I get the error:

“Setup detected an issue during the operation. Please click below to check for a solution and help us to improve the setup experience”

It won’t go past this point, it just closes. I’ve googled it and found 2 solutions, neither of which worked. One was to stop a service that must have been interfering. Another was to delete the fonts folder (after backing it up). Neither worked.

There are the “usual” things to try, like first make sure any partial installation is uninstalled (see if it appears in Add or Remove Programs somewhere on the Control Panel), then reboot in case it is trying to write to a file that is “in use”, and try again.

Other than that, hard to say what’s wrong given the, well, useless error message.

Using Visual Studio update 3. I don’t like conventional greetings, so you probably won’t see me saying “hi” at any point.

Hello!
My name is Noam and i am From Israel. I recently join this curse, but i have got something that don’t let me proceed. i downloaded vs 2017, and i opened it, but after 5 seconds, visual studios suddently shut itself down… can you help me? someone?

I suspect Unreal still requires VS 2015. That will probably change in the future though. That might have nothing to do with the shutting down, of course.

yea but when i downloaded 2015 it downloaded this blend for visual studios and not the actual visual studios

It seems that Visual Studio is available as a preview version for the Mac.
https://www.visualstudio.com/vs/visual-studio-mac/

Can it work?

How come we are using vs 2015 and not a newer 2017 vs?

Perhaps firewall related or administrator privilege ? Just shoot blanks. Hopefully it hits. I didn’t get any issue .

hey, im Colby, and i am taking this course, i don’t know if the program for visual studio has updated lately, or what; but my program is definitely different than yours, and when i turn on the closest thing to yours, a blue shield appears and its not allowing me to repair.

here’s a screenshot

Hi everyone! my name is Javier and I am from Peru, I just know little things about C# and C++ so I want to enhance my skills in these topics. Gooda day to everyone

I forgto to say I will use Visual Studio2015

Hey Colby!

Your installation looks just like mine did. Once I selected the two extra things noted in the lecture I clicked the shield “UPDATE” in the lower right and then it installed the program for me.

Microsoft sometimes doesn’t have the most intuitive interfaces.

Keith

It looks like Microsoft is only offering Visual Studio Community 2017 now, is this compatible with the course?

I googled “visual studio 2015 community download” and was able to download the ISO, if I don’t come back here it means I got it to work.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48146

Hi Nick_Whipple

I started the course yesterday. When I went to Visual Studios website I found that Microsoft had already released their new version of Visual Studio, the 2017 version.

I downloaded the Community (free) version and during installation I made sure to tick ‘Game Development with C++’ (see attached snipit)

I only ticked that box and ensured that on the right hand side ‘C++ profiling tools’ is also ticked.

Everything seems to be working fine (the C++ in the next couple of lectures are compiling).

Good luck!

Privacy & Terms