Be the first to post for 'Creating A Game HUD'!

I decided to make my HUD from scratch, but it just ended up looking like Michaels. Oh well. :man_shrugging:

Game%20HUD%20Project%20All

The left side has the health meter and standard attacks. the right side has the energy meter and magic attacks which use the energy.

1 Like

HUD inspired by Guild Wars 2 style.
Utilised the provided Red Orb, all the rest is made from scratch. Layer groups came in extremely handy for this one, especially in combination with linking layers for moving about. Would recommend trying them out! (little folder icon next to the new layer icon)
This exercise was definitely a great way to put into use all that we have learned! :smiley:

Game%20HUD

9 Likes

My HUD has influences from Sierra, Wadjet Eye, Stardew and a few others. It was lots of fun to make and a little story formed as to what kind of game this HUD might belong to.

2 Likes

My%20HUD

1 Like

A more modern-ish game HUD–created in GIMP, with dynamic elements rendered in UE4:

3 Likes

Just having 40 minutes of fun :wink: And forgot to use my icy c(g)old color set.
I used a lot of cloning and found out that Gimp is a bit slow in moving folders in folders.

3 Likes

BottomHUD
Literally spent like 2 hours on this :sweat:

5 Likes

I didn’t get fancy with the background but I made a HUD based on Altair’s equipment/skills from the original Assassin’s Creed (sans bow but whatever). I got really lazy towards the end and started painting icons components all on one layer. I will have to try to break my bad, bad habit orz

4 Likes

Created a simplified HUD using icons from previous challenges (and some new ones). It was fun to create icons using only one colour and a small space. Especially since many seem to be fantasy/medieval while I’ve gone for a modern/futuristic set.
HUD

6 Likes

HUD-Finished

2 Likes

Here’s my HUD for a retro-style action RPG. My idea is to have weapon “cores” equipped to a character to add to their stats and give them powers.

My%20HUD

4 Likes

Here’s my HUD

4 Likes

Here’s my HUD. I went with a blue orb instead of green so it looks more like the Diablo HUD

3 Likes

Here’s my HUD that definitely took a good chunk of time to make

I made a bunch of random sprites and then made gauges for the mana and health. The currently selected item has a blue outline
HUD

2 Likes

Hi.

And another challenge accomplished :smiley:

Hud

I was thinking about sth for mobile. Definetely, that bars under portraits are to not visible enough, but I would rather go for next lesson

2 Likes

First Person modern/futuristic Dungeon Crawl type game
HUD_Only_UnEquiped
Basic HUD. Weapons (Enter/Return to use current weapon, Q and E to switch), damage/health/stamina indicator, and tool equip slots.
HUD_Only_Equiped
Now with some items and damage

4 Likes

Hmmm. Obviously, my game idea is not mainstream.
myHUD

1 Like

My HUD icon%20HUD%20Orbs%20and%20Slots

%20HUD%20Orbs%20and%20Slots bottomHUB

1 Like

finished-hud

Privacy & Terms