All GameDev.tv Blender Courses

These are the 2 things i am working on. All using Primatives

4 Likes

Yes. Select the ‘show’ section and start a new post.

Looking good, a great start. Neat and in proportion. Just need to sort out new posting. :smile:

1 Like

This took a shockingly long time to render out, about 17hours using 2 GPUs. 1080 and rx580

3 Likes

Ok so i invented my own whiskey label and slapped it on a bottle !! :smiley:
Not sure which lighting setup i prefer, please give your input.

Whiskey Label

11 Likes

Welcome to this site.

If you did the bunny lecture you have got a way through the course before looking in here!

This is a very general thread. It’s usual to show your work in the show section with your own new thread.

That is quite a while for a small render size. But it looks good, not noisy. My bunny took 18hrs for a normal 1920 x 1080.
My old bunny

Perhaps start a thread in the show section of your own and give some details of the samples, whether you used denoising etc. People will give advice if they can.

Off to a good start. Started your own distillery! :rofl:
Welcome to this site.

Right click and select ‘shade smooth’ would get rid of the faceting on the glass.

Second render has issues with set up or lighting greyed out. Other people of the community will need details of what renderer you used etc. to help out with advice.

This is a very very general thread, better to start a new thread in the ‘show’ section, modeling course, more likely to be seen and commented on there.

I have a really hard time navigating the site, i ts not laid out very intuitive.

The faceting was by design, i was going for a ridged look like this https://cb2.scene7.com/is/image/CB2/SuaveDbleOldFashionROS17

the second whiskey was with volumetric fog. the exact same lighting. should have been more clear, sorry.

Yes Took me a while to get used to it. I select the blender courses, then either just show section or ‘all’. I do not take any notice of the lecture specific separations. Everything gets shown in the ‘all’ section, most of the activity is in the ‘show’ one.

OK fine, done deliberately terrific. Just with new posters, it’s a common thing they have missed understanding. You seem to know a fair bit more than a beginner.

Didnt mean to sound abrasive if i did ;/
And yea, this is my second go around with the course.

1 Like

No you did not. No worries at all.

Ah thought not a beginner even if the first time here. Hope to see you about here more, even taking part in the weekly group activity they call the ‘colab’ (collaboration)

Deadline was today, nope lol
Ill keep an eye on it. once i can figure out how to navigate this site.

1 Like

No worries. They are weekly so you can jump in on the next one if you want!

1 Like

Definitely the first one.

Are the pencil and glue bottle two objects, or are they each made up of numerous objects?

Sorry to hear that Mike is taking a break. Created this piece as one of the scene elements for my first game.

5 Likes

Welcome to this site.
Good looking bit of furniture. I suspect the wood grain is overly large, needs scaling smaller.

Agreed, still trying to get comfortable with mapping options in the shader. Created from a single cube. Loop cut, extrude, and dissolve edges.

Multiple objects each Merged

Privacy & Terms