Fluffy-Bunny

Rabbit FullRender 18hrs300samples100pc
Shows any decent render to do an animation is hopeless.

Crazy time.
Still not happy with fur. Getting to thinking a simple image texture would actually work better.
My ‘sapling’ I later managed to change to change the default hex leaves for photographic oak leaves, not rerendering it though, eugh.
Still, all disappeared now, for the 2.8 version.

Done a while back just never got round to showing. Stuck now with cell fracturing wall bricks that won’t stay still to be blown up! lol.
(This new forum site I still find a mess to use.)

14 Likes

The bunny model, lighting and general composition are pretty cool !
Yeah the fur looks scaly but excepted that you seem on the right track, an image texture usually gives decent results as long as you don’t look too close lol
I’d maybe do a little bit of painting on the ground to add details around its burrow, add some rocks poking out from the terrain maybe.
Also wich grass/trees did you use ?

2 Likes

I like your scenery. It’s a nice scenery with lot of details. Different flowers, grass makes it more natural. And yes, render times are exploding, but you manage it. It’s a great accomplishment.

Don’t forget that all the objects need some space in between them. Even the floor. Otherwise the repelling between those object start immediately and distort the scene at once. Micheal will discus this.

2 Likes

Thanks.
The scaliness is too much ‘clump’ I think. I have issues with getting the colour right in the fur too. I begin to wonder if the hair bdsf is more problem than its worth, the ordinary plain colour might work better on fur rather than hair. I was quite pleased with the inner ear :slight_smile: Just mapped on from an image, but it seemed to work well.

Yes, the burrow is only a plain colour, having gone on further in the course now, I would if going back at least map on some image of a ‘muddy’ soil.

The grass is just the course provided resources, made into ‘plants’, as per the tutorial. I think I probably cut them shorter than Mikey did.
The flower plants using the methods given, I photographed daisy and buttercup flower and leaves in my garden wildflower patch, and just built them up, rather than use the course materials.
If by the trees you mean the background, not the ‘sapling’ generated little tree bush, it is a background image photograph that I took locally for the purpose.

Still, it was the first time at all the stuff in that lesson. Need to find a way to get such animals more realistic.

Thank you for your kind words FedPete.

On the cell fracturing wall things, I spent weeks of my time at this trying to get it to work with big gaps to no gaps to everything between. Though its not really satisfactory, to me, to have to have gaps between bricks rather than mortar. lol It was frustrating , I just moved on in the end.

I believe the trick is (was) to put bricks and mortar in different layers (collections in 2.8), incl. gaps.

Nice job!
Makes you want to hug him! ^^

byeee!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms