2024 Collab: Week 9 “Spot the Difference” - VOTE CLOSED

This is the Blender Collaboration 2024, week 9 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, have fun, learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Spot the Difference”.

I (NP5) have been wondering about a ‘Spot the Difference’ Image pair puzzle.

For example: a kitchen scene, but two versions with 10 differences in the second one.

Proper differences possible to find, like missing items, noticeable colour changes, a movement like rotated, changed clock time, etc.

Send in ONE image with two (left/right) versions of spot the difference. (Maybe camera squared, and use image editor)

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. At the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2024-03-02T22:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @ BlenderCollab?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

5 Likes

Example “Spot the differences”

None participating entry!

11 Likes

That is a thing of beauty!

1 Like

That’s a really good subject idea - it’ll be fun to see what people come up with =)

3 Likes

this is a fantastic theme, bravo

4 Likes

Quick Edit of an older project. Haven´t been using blender for a while, but trying to come back to it. Have fun spotting the differences. :slight_smile:

Hints

Book
Carpet
Lable
Spraycan (3 Differences)
Towel
Tea Light Oven (3 Differences)

13 Likes

I feel like this theme could be an ongoing series in and of itself :joy:

4 Likes

Darn, only found 9

1 Like

Spoilers
  1. Floor
  2. Table legs
  3. Monitor stand
  4. Mouse
  5. Headphones
  6. PC
  7. Blue book on 2nd shelf from the top
  8. Bookshelf
  9. Chair arms
  10. Lever on chair
9 Likes

Some of them are very nice visual differences!

1 Like

that rug’s placement will bother me a lot :rofl: this is not a safe setup :smiley:

3 Likes

Maybe 1 or 2 changes went a bit too subtle. Added some hints now :wink:

Thx. Ha! The missing one was too obvious :smiley:

1 Like

Here’s something a touch trickier than normal!

10 differences to find (or 9 - like a cat’s lives - if you don’t count what the reader did with that pencil crayon). All of them are within the open pages, and the titles and page curling are excluded from that.

There was just no way I could let this week’s subject go without contributing something, and I needed the assets anyway for a Godot project, but I really didn’t think I could actually make a scene like this. Comfort zone challenges are good! =)

Solutions (ordered from top to bottom, and all with spoiler tags):
  • Rocky planet moved up

• Blue planet rings flipped

• Brown planet missing a moon

• Bottom-most thrusterball on cat ship is recoloured

• Flying saucer dome is recoloured

• Flying saucer moved

• Flying saucer light-trail shortened

• Spelling error: the–>tha

• confused–>amused

• bonus: “Meow” written in the shout balloon =3

9 Likes

My “Spot the Difference” submission – based on a recent animated short I shared here :metro:

7 Likes

Rather too many differences?

4 Likes

Maybe? :joy:

To clarify, I’d treat the grungy material of the texture as one single “difference”. Giving away part of answer, lol, but hopefully that helps.

2 Likes

9 Likes

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your entry.

The new subject week 9 “Exploration” has already started. The winner of this week’s “Spot the difference” challenge may select a subject for next week 46 and win a badge.

5 Likes

Privacy & Terms