2024 Collab: Week 33 “Make it cute” - VOTE CLOSED

The kitty is totally looking cute. Looking forward to seeing the final version.

3 Likes

I had this idea awhile ago for a chibi character, and I actually found a timelapse of someone doing just that. The character I’m referencing had button eyes, so I ended up veering towards a voodoo doll instead of a chibi character.

I would like to return to her, give her some felt textures, and animate her, but that’s for another time.

11 Likes

Old project, not participating

9 Likes

Looks so cute :smiley:

1 Like

Is Robaxacet getting into heart medication? That’s where my head went with those 2 red pins XD

This is a cool idea - very much feels like “Make it Cute”

3 Likes

Everything is cat shaped if You look hard enough. And in my opinion cats a super cute.
Week 33 Make it cute 2

12 Likes

I would not be surprised if kitty’s name was Fabergé. Lovely =)

3 Likes

That’s so cute! :star_struck: Yes, kitties are chubby, fluffy, and seem to be always smiling, so definitely cute… until the little devils break something at 3 AM…, and then go back to cute before you can finish cleaning after them :laughing:

5 Likes

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your entry.
The new subject week 34 “Terrarium” has already started. The winner of this week’s “Make it cute” challenge may select a subject for next week 35 and win a badge.

4 Likes

@BH67 Thanks for the idea! This is absolutely her name. And maybe Fabe for short?

2 Likes

Cats definitely weaponized cuteness :sweat_smile:
Personally, my least favorite time for cat mischief is an hour before you need to wake up. You have to get up to clean, and then it’s too late to go back to bed.

2 Likes

@xealstrag A s awinner you may select a new subject for this week (starting today).
Can you reply with a new subject?
Thank You!

Strangely enough I can no longer send private messages. They do not arrive and are not visible as a sent message in my message log.

1 Like

Congrats to @xealstrag for his dark, make it cute, entry. Great vibe, to the point subject… Great color palette and details!

• CptMirana - Lovely idea. Nothing wrong (maybe a bit too dark)
  • Kzanna - Such a cute cat and animation. I do miss a tail …
  • Megane_Wang - A playful cat (I like the action pose). Maybe improving the scene composition (more logical setting)?

Note: I don’t want to offend anyone. I try to write down positive ideas and visions in my simple use of the English language. I am also sometimes more inspired by a particular subject or solution. I’m also learning from you!

5 Likes

@FedPete But it has a tail! :sweat_smile:

Thought I want to change it, I feel like it doesn’t match overall egg theme. And if you missed it, then I am right, this cat needs new tail. But… that kind of tail will suit Faberge? :thinking:

4 Likes

Thank you for the comments @FedPete, I find them always helpful! This subject was great for practising things that are not so visible after all, but I am glad that the pose looks interesting, that was my first point; this, and the fur :partying_face:.

If you share your life with a cat, there are few things that ignite the destructive potential of the most innocent-looking kitty better than glittering, christmassy ornaments. The middle of the night is the best moment for it, but of course. The initial idea was closer to a Mission Impossible scene, but I (and my laptop) would need two or three weeks for it :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:.

2 Likes

Yes, I know. In the video it has. But in the image, it hasn’t. Showing it, giving it even more a cat feel…

2 Likes

Ah, got it. Yes, a tail is needed there, I see that now too.

2 Likes

I know, we’re using aluminum foil, bending into a small soft ball (about one inch).
It makes a squeaking noise when squeezing it a bit. Using fingers to shoot it around the floor.
And if you are lucky, the cat will bring this ball back to you :wink:

2 Likes

No luck, here, retrieving dozens of thingies and aluminium foil balls from under sofas and bookshelves! :wink:

3 Likes

Thank you for the comments :blush:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms