2024 Collab: Week 29 “It’s a Low-Poly World” - VOTE CLOSED

Beautiful serene view. … tiny birds (dots), little flags …

1 Like

Flags! I totally forgot to add those. I’ll add them to the next castle I make.

2 Likes

I like it too, but if you really feel like it, you can still update it :smiley:

2 Likes

Nope, it’s been submitted. No going back now.

1 Like

Flags, no flags, whatevs. It looks really good! The castle design is great!

EDIT: Thanks all for the feedback. I have updated my submission entry so you can see the pond and am using the closeup as my submission this week.

Just finished watching season 3 of Mandalorian and that ending shot was so great I had to recreate it in low-poly :rofl:

While I recreated the full scene, I really like the closeup and think that one should be the submission. What you do all think? Which version do you like better?

10 Likes

It’s a great image! Though I like the composition of the second one better, because the first one seems to keep pointing to the empty door, while the details are richer on the left side.

3 Likes

Close up has more subject focus. Far away is more suited to a landscape scene. imo.

4 Likes

Yeah, I was thinking of closing the doorway but it was open in the closing scene of the show. I didn’t want to build a table, chair, and shelf cause it was barely visible in the series, so I just kept the black hole instead :rofl:.
Yep, closeup it is for this week. Besides it shows off Grogu better - even low-poly, he’s cute!

3 Likes

I have to agree with the others, I also think the close-up works better. The only thing I noticed is… where’s that frog coming from? And then I realized the pond is almost completely out of frame in the close-up. Not a big deal though, as I’m sure that frog is a significant part of the scene in the show and it will be clear enough to anyone who’s seen it. When you suspend your sense of realism enough to accept the frog’s presence there, everything looks amazing.

Accept the frog. Sounds like a cult mantra, lol!

4 Likes

I am tempted to shift the camera a bit so you can see the pond. I may do so and resubmit before this closes, if I have time.

“Accept the frog.” I think I’ll just randomly start using that in life and see where it takes me :rofl:

3 Likes

You’ll probably turn into a jawa, haha!

2 Likes

I like their robes and I do like fixing electronic things…hmmm…

2 Likes

Low-poly style is difficult for me, but I wanted to try something new, so here comes Mr. Owl :smiley: (last version with more feathers, the same polygons).

10 Likes

Mr. Owl is WONDERFUL! Great job, @Megane_Wang!

4 Likes

Yes, that’s a really unique look - it’s like a stone art piece :+1:

3 Likes

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your entry.
The new subject week 30 “A treasure for a pirate” has already started. The winner of this week’s “Low Poly world” challenge may select a subject for next week 31 and win a badge.

5 Likes

Jeez, this is one of the hardest votes I’ve seen in a while. Every one of these is just plain excellent ><

6 Likes

Amazing entries, hard to pick one.

I love castles in the middle of nowhere, but the Grogu scene is gorgeous, the story, the movement, all the little details like the waves in the water, it’s a great composition.

3 Likes

Congratulations for @mfortunato !
It certainly has a very different appearance than the usual visual abundance that is normally expected on this subject. The well -known subject therefore has a certain attraction.

• HobbyPirates - Very nice scene composition. The rocky ground could have more variations in texture, because it also covers a large part of the scene.
  • Megane_Wang - Beautifully modeled owl. It looks a bit flat, 2D like. Improving light could help I think.
  • bONaN - Unreal excellence, well performed!
  • Joey_Cuevas - Such a nice idea. The focus lies (I think) on the red half sphere (high in contrast), While the subject of Pokemon is barely visible (white on white)
  • xealstrag - Great scene! It’s low poly but because it’s all at a distance it don’t feel as low poly. I think is was a good submission!

Note: I don’t want to offend anyone. I try to write down positive ideas and visions in my simple use of the English language. I am also sometimes more inspired by a particular subject or solution. I’m also learning from you!

7 Likes

Privacy & Terms