2024 Collab: Week 3 “Fire brigade” - VOTE CLOSED

This is the Blender Collaboration 2024, week 3 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, have fun, learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Fire brigade”.

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. At the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2024-01-20T22:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @ BlenderCollab?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

4 Likes

Trouble a head

I want to avoid difficult subjects like smoke, fire, etc. But want to work with dark, shiny, water, and colorful aspects of working at the fire brigade. But working with light is also a difficult subject.

Mocking the scene

Adding blocks, and shapes of interest. I had already a fire hydrant as my own asset, adding tubes, a truck, wheels, and a burning/destroyed building. But looking also it a lot of meshwork ahead.

A test render

Hard to say, in my mind I saw something else happening. There is no center subject. Maybe a fireman?

An updated version

I hadn’t much time.

9 Likes

Wonderful stuff, love that insane red glow - lots of atmosphere :slight_smile:

my interpretaion of a fire brigade, but in a fantasical setting :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Great interpretation!

1 Like

Loving what you are doing with the colours in this :slight_smile:

Fire brigade, literally ))))

Week 3 Fire brigade

9 Likes

Lookin good :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your entry.

The new subject week 4 “Office life” has already started. The winner of this week’s “Fire brigade” challenge may select a subject for next week 5 and win a badge.

3 Likes

@jimmie , congratulations on winning the Collab with your magic interpretation of the Fira brigade. I like the composition which tells a little story. From left to right: The danger in the form of a fire monster. Then the barrier was cast by a “Firemen” and finally a bunch of manuals to find the correct spell. And the tiny detail of the water barrel … very funny indeed.

• FedPete - I miss parts! The block-out phase was done. Trying to add details on certain spots in the composition. Water sprinkles are not what I imagined (too much time). The fire hydrant, is too clean … Basically, I run out of time.
  • Kzanna - I like your model, a kids’ toy. Because it’s small in size and the camera is close by, you should see imperfections in the materials of the objects. I miss that, It’s too clean, too shiny I think. Make the scene more interesting by adding different toys, to emphasize a kids toy.

Note: I don’t want to offend anyone. I try to write down positive ideas and visions in my simple use of the English language. I am also sometimes more inspired by a particular subject or solution. I’m also learning from you!

3 Likes

Privacy & Terms