2024 Collab: Week 2 “Myths and legends” - VOTE CLOSED

This is the Blender Collaboration 2024, week 2 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, have fun, learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Myths and legends”.

• Some cultures are rich in myths and legends that explain natural phenomena and the relationship between humans and the spirit world.
    • Myth is a genre of folklore or theology consisting primarily of narratives that play a fundamental role in a society, such as foundational tales or origin myths.
    • A legend is a genre of folklore that consists of a narrative featuring human actions, believed or perceived to have taken place in human history.
  • Subject selected by the previous Week 52, 2023 “Sun” winner jimmy

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. At the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2024-01-13T22:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @ BlenderCollab?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

5 Likes

Ceryneian Hind

7 Likes

Narcissus poeticus - Wikipedia
" … often associated with the Greek legend of Narcissus. "

Final image for entry:

Done in Blender and in Fire Alpaca since I was really struggling getting the background how I wanted.

Blender only render:

I did a lot of modifying of the colors and looks in my program, and it felt really good to mix the two and get a result that I liked in the end. I changed the water a lot since I couldn’t find a material I liked best for it. Let me know your thoughts.
The flower was a lot of work and fun to figure out how to model and look good from a distance.

10 Likes

i like how you made the final render look almost like a painting :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your entry.
The new subject week 3 “Fire brigade” has already started. The winner of this week’s “Myths and legends” challenge may select a subject for next week 4 and win a badge.

3 Likes

Good subject nicely done.

1 Like

Thanks for this different myth, not one I was aware of.
Interestingly thought to be based on tales of reindeer as the only female deer with antlers. So unknown locally in the lands of the myth origin.
Nicely created scene.

2 Likes

I found this Collab a difficult subject. I browsed the internet to find information about this subject. Mostly stories about strange animals. Which means, sculpting. A task heavy on my machine and I didn’t have time. So it was only a block model. I needed people too, to give some size dimension to the deer. A rock stays the same if you zoom in or out. No reference for size.

2 Likes

@HobbyPirates , congratulations on your winning entry of a beautiful Narcissus flower.

• FedPete - A block model only, isn’t enough. Spend more time …
1 Like

Privacy & Terms