2024 Collab: Week 26 “Ooh, Fuzzy!” - VOTE CLOSED

This is the Blender Collaboration 2024, week 26 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, have fun, learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Ooh, Fuzzy!”.

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. At the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2024-06-29T21:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @ BlenderCollab?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

2 Likes

@Megane_Wang - The phrase seems to be a general expression of surprise or interest upon encountering something fuzzy or unclear.

• Like a 100 Dollar to be found in a trash can.
  • Petting a soft animal:
    “Ooh, Fuzzy!” exclaimed the child as they stroked the fluffy rabbit’s fur.
  • Viewing a blurry image:
    Looking at an out-of-focus photograph, someone might say, “Ooh, Fuzzy! I can’t quite make out what that is.”
  • Touching a textured fabric:
    “Ooh, Fuzzy!” Sarah said as she ran her hand over the plush velvet cushion.
  • Encountering static on a TV:
    “Ooh, Fuzzy! The reception’s not great tonight,” remarked the viewer as the TV screen filled with snow.
2 Likes

Thank you for the clarification!

1 Like

Thanks, @FedPete, for adding the clarification for folks. I was concerned with such an international crew of Blender enthusiasts, if that one wouldn’t translate as easily.

1 Like

So I finally took the plunge and went through Blender Guru’s donut tutorial. I made the plate of donuts and then thought, how funny would a furry donut look? And that got me thinking, ooh, I can make a furry donut for this week’s Collab! And so I did. And here it is:

8 Likes

Very nice! Though I have the impression that the plate on the left is inclined. Is it? Or is just the shadow giving that impression?

2 Likes

This week’s episode of Sesame Street is brought to you by the letter O! XD

2 Likes

It does look that way. Thanks for the observation. I think it’s an illusion of the shadow. I’ll take a look.

This simple picture took me a lot longer than you’d think looking at it.

7 Likes

That is abstract and funky! I have no idea what I’m looking at, but it looks cool! Looks like a macro shot of corn flakes breading for fried chicken :D. Did you use geometry nodes or the scatter objects tool to get all of those objects on the ground mesh?

2 Likes

Woops! I hope that whatever was under the “floofiness” was comfortable enough! (I used to do this on piles of leaves and sometimes hit the hard ground flat below) :grin:

2 Likes

This kitty is my idea for this week. Still some upgrades to go, and I think that I am going to leave the fur for future versions, but it’s starting to look fine :relaxed: :grinning:

This one, with improved textures.

9 Likes

So much fun! My first thought was, the smoke was in the shape of ‘smokey’ fish (bones).

1 Like

This is delightful!!! I love the expression on the cat.

3 Likes

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your entry.
The new subject week 27 “Cold” has already started. The winner of this week’s “Ohh, Fuzzy!” challenge may select a subject for next week 28 and win a badge.

1 Like

@Megane_Wang They’re okay, they fell down only about halfway through this pile of leaves. (I didn’t risk falling into the leaves, but in the snow, when you know for sure that there is nothing dangerous under them, this is simply a must)

@mfortunato It`s pile of leaves. the idea was that when you fall into a pile of leaves (or hay) and fall through, so you can’t even be seen.
I used Particle System, Hair.

2 Likes

@Kzanna - duh, of course they are. I am clearly blind. That person is so covered in leaves only the tops of their shoes are sticking out :rofl:. I never really got to enjoy that as a child. Didn’t live in many areas with trees that shed their leaves in the fall.

@Megane_Wang Congratulations on your entry on a difficult topic “ooh Fuzzy!”. The cat’s expression turned out very well. A satisfied and happy cat. I think the entire composition is well chosen. It exudes happiness.

Cudos to the people who participated. It was a very difficult subject. And not everyone could form an image of the subject.

• mfortunado - A great idea to take the donut tutorial one step further (which everyone knows). I think the donut is too cartoon character-like (eyes), compared to the rest of the realistic environment. A realistic donut with hair gives the impression of mold.
  • Kzanna - Also a good idea. But I had trouble understanding what I was looking at. It wasn’t immediately clear to me. The shoes are the key here. By making this more emphatic in detail and contrast, the image and story immediately become clearer.

Note: I don’t want to offend anyone. I try to write down positive ideas and visions in my simple use of the English language. I am also sometimes more inspired by a particular subject or solution. I’m also learning from you!

3 Likes

Congrats, @Megane_Wang! Your cat scene is excellent. I really enjoyed everything about this design. The adorable feline looks right out of an animated movie, the food items all look delicious and the whole thing is superbly executed. Kudos to you :grin:!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms