2024 Collab: Week 26 “Ooh, Fuzzy!” - VOTE CLOSED

:relaxed: Thank you! I totally loved your “hairy” doughnut, and @Kzanna’s original idea :heart_eyes:.

In fact, I was unable to get some nice hairs at all for the kitty :grin:. But that’s the point; having to solve new things every time is an excellent way to learn for me; next kitty will have its fur!

2 Likes

I think the kitty works even better without adding fur. The design feels more stylized, which I totally like and is so fitting for the overall piece. The hair system is a pain in the arse to deal with, tbh. Trying to make this look like muppet fur was difficult. And then it kept clipping through the M&M and the googly eyes (finally figured out vertex groups and weight painting for that problem). btw - the fur was inspired by a halloween mask that my son and I made together. He designed his own dragon/cat creature that we brought to life for him last year. It turned out really well. The Blender fur I recreated almost looks exactly like it - so mission accomplished!

And I stand corrected, @Megane_Wang. You did add subtle fur and it did enhance the cat model. I somehow missed that looking at the images on my phone :smile:

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms